Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway made detailed inspection of Howrah Maidan to Esplanade stretch of East-West Metro Corridor on 09. 09.2021. He started his inspection from Howrah Maidan Metro station along with senior Metro Railway and Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation (KMRCL) officials.
- During the inspection, the progress of works of underground stations, traction sub stations, power supply systems, ventilation & air-conditioning systems, Platform Screen doors and other subsystems was reviewed.
- Shri Joshi also conducted a trolley inspection from Howrah Maidan to Esplanade Metro station and inspected the tunnel section and progress of construction of cross passages.
- Shri Manas Sarkar, Managing Director, KMRCL briefed him about the progress of work of this stretch.
- The General Manager also inspected the upcoming Howrah Maidan, Howrah, Mahakaran and Esplanade stations of East-West Metro along with entry and exit to stations and planning for interchange of passengers at Howrah and Esplanade stations.
- Shri Joshi expressed his satisfaction after seeing the progress of the work and advised all to complete all the pending works within the deadline.
Bottom Slab Casting:
Meanwhile, works of all Metro projects in the city have been going on smoothly even during the present restriction imposed due to Covid pandemic. A major progress of Noapara to Barasat via Bimanbandar Metro project was achieved on 29.08.2021 as the casting work of the bottom slab of 64 meter long RCC Box tunnel was completed.
- For this work, 632 cubic meter concrete have been casted below the very busy VIP Road and Airport Entry Road.
- It was a very challenging work as traffic movements on these two very busy roads were not disturbed during this work, except a few diversions.
- This casting work started at 16.50 hrs. on 27.08.2021 and it was completed on 29.08.2021 at 00.53 hrs.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release