Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway has stressed on timely completion of all on-going Metro projects in the city. During a high level review meeting held on 08.09.2021. Shri Joshi took stock of the progress of all on-going projects and instructed concerned officials to expedite all pending works so that Metro projects can be completed within the deadline.
- The General Manager also reviewed the progress of works from Phoolbagan to Sealdah Metro Station of the East-West Metro corridor.
- The issues related to imparting training and manpower planning for opening of Sealdah Metro station were also discussed.
- Shri Joshi also emphasized on further improving Metro Railway colonies and rolling stocks maintenance practices.
Bottom Slab Casting:
Meanwhile, works of the all Metro projects in the city have been going on smoothly even during the present restriction imposed due to Covid pandemic. A major progress of Noapara to Barasat via Bimanbandar Metro project has been achieved on 29.08.2021 as the casting work of the bottom slab of 64 meter long RCC Box tunnel has been completed.
- For this work, 632 cubic meter concrete have been casted below the very busy VIP Road and Airport Entry Road.
- It was a very challenging work as traffic movements on these two very busy roads were not disturbed during this work, except a few diversions.
- This casting work was started at 16.50 hrs. on 27.08.2021 and it was completed on 29.08.2021 at 00.53 hrs.
Rooftop Solar Plant:
Meanwhile, Shri Manoj Joshi on 27.08.2021 has dedicated a 1.24 MWp rooftop solar power plant to the service of the Nation.
- This power plant has been installed on the roofs of the two major buildings of Central Park Depot of East-West Metro and is scattered over 19173 sq. metre rooftop area.
- As a result, Metro Railway will be able to save Rs. 45 lakhs (approx) per annum.
- This project which has been executed through Public Private Partnership Mode is equipped with all standard protections and safety checks.
- Metro Railway has provided the rooftop areas whereas the solar power developer has done complete designing, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning work.
- Solar power developers will also operate and maintain this plant for 25 years.
- This plant has been constructed as a part of 100 MW-peak rooftop solar generation projects for Indian Railways which aims to become ‘Net Zero Carbon Emitter’ by 2030.
- Shri Joshi also dedicated Rake No: MR 609 to the service of the Nation today.
- Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway, Shri Manas Sarkar, MD, KMRCL and other senior officers of Metro Railway also planted saplings inside the Central Park Depot.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Metro Railway Kolkata