Share with your network
Shri Manoj Tandon took over the charge of Director (Projects, Operation & Maintenance POM) on 20th Mar, 2023 in RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., a Mini-Ratna PSU under the Ministry of Railways.
- Prior to this, Shri Tandon was shouldering the responsibilities of the Group General Manager/Operations and heading the retail broadband business of RailTel.
- During his stint in various capacities in RailTel, he worked in the areas of evolving and maintaining NOC operations and expanded Internet & Wi-Fi networks to improve network resiliency and user experience.
- During his tenure RailWire broadband crossed half a million customer base and introduced various value added services (VAS).
- Before joining RailTel, Shri Tandon has worked in various telecom companies and delivered many greenfield telecom network rollouts.
- He has expertise in realizing transformational projects for continuous evolution of end-to-end network automation consisting of Service Assurance & Service fulfilment stacks, to strengthen NOC’s capabilities to ensure agile & efficient management of Network & Services.
- He earned a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics from Maulana Azad College of Technology (REC/NIT), Bhopal in 1990.
Talking about his vision, Shri Manoj Tandon, Director (Projects, Operation & Maintenance), RailTel said. “I will focus on institutionalising best in class practices, processes & automation for agile & efficient operations for driving improvements all across.”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong and reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empanelled tier III data centres as well.
- With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data centre services etc.
- RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6108+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel- Press Release
Be the first to comment