Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, reviewed the progress of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation India Limited (DFCCIL), which was attended by all the top officials of Railways Board, DFCCIL including CRB and MD/DFCCIL, and the contractual agencies.
Highlights of the meeting:
- During the meeting, the senior officials presented the current status of the project.
- Shri Goyal directed the DFCCIL management team and the contractors to take all possible steps to speed up the pace of works on all the sections of the Western DFC (1504 Route km) and Eastern DFC (1856 route km).
- In the review meeting, progress of each individual section was discussed in detail and instructions were given to ensure smooth progress by resolving all hindrances.
- During the meeting, it was decided that strict monitoring of work of all contractors to be done.
- Resolution of all issues, including coordination with the States to be done on a Mission mode.
- During the review meeting, progress made about acquisition of land and construction of road over bridges ( ROBs )in the states were discussed and resolved.
- State officials were asked to expedite the process of arbitration and enforce law if there were issues like obstruction of work in any patch of work.
- The Ministry has already written letters to all the concerned States to resolve the pending issues of land, ROBs and law & order.
In order to fast track the project, Minister suggested a slew of measures including:-
- Holding regular weekly meetings with all contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Work out the possibility of offering some kind of incentives to contractors willing to take up and finish their work before the stipulated time frames.
- Creation of a Dashboard by DFCCIL for real time ‘Km by Km’ project monitoring and follow up.
- This would also be accessible to the Railway Board officials.
- Provision of dashboard will help in resolution of all contract implementation matters on an urgent basis and would also act as Institutional mechanism for resolving contract related issues through the dashboard .
About Dedicated Freight Corridors:
- Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFC) is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects a (total length of 3360 route km) undertaken by the Government of India.
- The overall cost is pegged at Rs 81,459 crores.
- DFCCIL has been set up as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to undertake planning, development, mobilization of financial resources, construction, maintenance and operation of Dedicated Freight Corridors.
- As on 01.09.2020, 8 no. of I -Girders launched at Viaduct between Dadari-Rewari Section of WDFC.
- Now it will facilitate faster Launching of Girders.
- On 28.08.2020, Panel Interlocking work of DDU Avoiding cabin was commissioned.
- This will facilitate interchange of freight trains between IR and DFC.
- DFCCIL recently conducted a successful speed trial of Electric Loco on turnout (Cross Over) at the speed of 55 Kmph between Bhadan-Khurja of Eastern DFC on Delhi-Kanpur section.
- Earlier the speed of turnout was 15/30 kmph.
- It will ensure fast operation of goods trains over DFC.
Source: PIB-Press Release | Image Credit: MoR