Shri Rajiv Chaudhry, General Manager, Northern & North Central Railways, visited Anand Vihar Terminal on 29.06.2020, where 267 Railway coaches converted to Isolation wards for Covid-19 patients have been placed.
- Shri Chaudhry went around the premises and inspected the rakes.
- He was apprised about the work being done by Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Shri S.C. Jain and his team of officers.
- The General Manager expressed satisfaction on the efforts made by Northern Railway to serve the society and the Nation in these difficult times.
- Railways has created a mobile health care system.
- There are about 8050 beds available in the form of 503 isolation coaches placed at 9 stations in Delhi Area.
- As the Covid-19 cases are rising in Delhi, the state Government intends to use them as quarantine centers for keeping patients with mild symptoms.
Currently, the covid care centre set up by Northern Railway at Shakurbasti Railway Station is fully functional. The state government has attached the facility to Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital, Pitampura, which has admitted 23 patients there.
- The Ministry of Railways is working in coordination with the state government to set-up these quarantine centres.
- The health care aspect is being taken care off by the Delhi government.
- The Railways is looking after the basic infrastructure and maintenance of the premises that incudes cleaning and sanitization of platforms, housekeeping (Linen & blankets), management of Bio-toilets, power and electric supply, watering and communication.
- Oxygen cylinders have been provided in each coach.
- Also, catering is being done by the Railways.
- The patients are being provided hot nutritious wholesome meals 3 times a day, with tea being served in the mornings and evenings.
Source: Northern Railway-Press Release