Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas IAS (Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA) on 10.08.2021 inspected the station works on Metro Line 2A & Line 7. This visit included the inspection of various metro stations, the progress of civil works & the installation of electronic systems.
- After concluding the on-site inspection, Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas IAS (Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA) inspected the Charkop Metro Depot work & reviewed rolling stock and S&T systems with the officials & the project domain experts.
- At this review meeting, the Metropolitan Commissioner discussed the important issues related to the Metro Projects, directed the officials to accelerate the station works & instructed the team to initiate the S&T trial runs with the second set of metro trains.
- On 3.08.2021, the Metropolitan Commissioner, Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas IAS visited project sites of the Metro Line 2B (DN Nagar-Mandale) to review several aspects of this 23km long metro project & set the timeline details.
- In this on site project review, Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas (Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA) examined the overall project progress and discussed several on-ground issues, including redevelopment of buildings & societies affected by the metro line and the construction sequence work of the metro stations on this line.
- The Metropolitan Commissioner also issued crucial decisions on the matters related to Integration with metro line 1, interchanges, construction methodology, the BSNL bridgework that is expected to begin shortly, and the aspects of entry & exit points on Metro Line 2B.
New Metro Train arrives at Charkop Metro Depot:
A new set of Rolling Stocks arrives at the Charkop Metro Depot. Right after assembling, this set of Metro Rake will undergo thorough testing for the next 2 months.
- A total of six metro coaches, Made in India have arrived at the Charkop Metro Depot.
- After completing all the safety tests, these metro rakes will be included in the ongoing Trial Runs on Metro Line 2A & Line 7.
- The MMRDA has given a contract to BEML for 576 cars/coaches worth Rs. 4350 crore.
- Earlier, MMRDA had given a contract to BEML to manufacture 504 cars (84 train sets) costing Rs 3816 crore.
- However, due to the extension of both Metro Line 2A and 7 the requirement of metro rakes increased.
- The first Indigenously-built metro coach to be used for the Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar East to DN Nagar) and Line 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) arrived in Mumbai on 28.01.2021.
- The manufacturing company Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) delivered the “Made in India” metro rake from its Bengaluru facility.
- The commercial operations on this stretch in Phase -1 is expected to begin in October 2021 with all passenger facilities such as lifts, escalators, AFC gates among others.
- Before that, as agreed by the BEML a total of 10 train sets (two each month) will be delivered by the end of September 2021.
- While the entire stretch of Metro Line 2A and 7 is expected to be ready for testing and trial run by the end of December 2021.