Shri S.V.R. Srinivas IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner, conducted a comprehensive site visit on 09.09.2021 of various Metro Stations on Metro Line 2A to review the overall project progress. He also instructed the team to work as per the catch-up plan for the time lost.
- The Metropolitan Commissioner held an on-site review meeting with the project engineers regarding the signal system & telecom system along with other criticality of the metro stations.
- At this meeting, the Metropolitan Commissioner also emphasized on ensuring quality of work.
About Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar – D.N. Nagar):
- Metro Line 2A from Dahisar to D N Nagar is 18.589 km. long elevated corridor with 17 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Lines 2B (D N Nagar to Mandale) & 7 (Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E)) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Dahisar and D N Nagar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Western, Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the commercial and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
Recent Tenders floated by MMRDA:
- Tender Ref No: MMRDA/TC/0002570
- Name of Work: Appointment of Contractor for Construction of Linkway FOBs at Metro Line-7 Stations Phase 1 (Part- B): Overipada & Rashtriya Udyan (North).
- Bid document download: From 09.09.2021 To 04.10.2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 23.09.2021
- Date of Closing: 04.10.2021
- Date of Opening: 07.10.2021
- Tender Ref No: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002569
- Name of Work: Appointment of Green Building Consultant for providing IGBC (MRTS) Advisory and Certification services to MMRDA for Metro Lines 4,4A & 6 comprising of 45 Metro stations for obtaining IGBC platinum rating.
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002567
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 17 Elevated Stations viz. Dahisar (E), Upper Dahisar, Kandarpada, Mandapeshwar, Eksar, Borivali (W), PahadiEksar, Kandivali (W), Dahanukarwadi, Valnai, Malad (W), Lower Malad, Pahadi Goregaon, Goregaon (W), Oshiwara, Lower Oshiwara & Andheri (W) of Line 2A (Dahisar East to Andheri West) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 4,48,51,064/-
- Earnest Money: INR 2,24,255/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002566
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 12 Elevated Stations viz. Gundavali, Mogra, Jogeshwari (East), Goregaon (East), Aarey, Dindoshi, Kurar,Poisar, Magathane, Devipada, Rashtriya Udyan and Ovaripada of Line 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 3,16,00,751/-
- Earnest Money: INR 1,58,004/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002565
- Name of Work: CA 133 Part Design, Fabrication, Supply And Erection of Prefabricated Steel Roof Structure Including Entry and Exit Structures at 02 Stations [Mogra (Shankarwadi) & Gundavali (Andheri)] between Andheri (East) and Dahisar (East) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated Cost: INR 12,16,91,945/-
- Earnest Money Deposit: INR 6,10,000/-
- Contract Period: 04 Months
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/TC/0002562
- Name of Work: Appointment of Contractor for Construction of Linkway FOBs at Metro Line-7 Stations-Phase- 1 (Part- A): Dindoshi, Poiser & Devipada.
- Estimated Cost: INR 15,78,96,620/-
- Contract Period: 07 Months
Source: MMRDA-Update | Image Credit: MMRDA