As the Metro Catch-Up Plan accelerates further, Metropolitan Commissioner, Shri S.V.R. Srinivas IAS, is undertaking crucial review meetings with the metro teams to ensure maximum efficiency in project work.
- On 16.09.2021, Metropolitan Commissioner conducted an extensive review meeting with the officials working on Metro Line 2B and also visited the Diamond Garden Metro Station & Ilfs Metro Station to examine project progress.
- At this review meeting, Shri S.V.R. Srinivas IAS, instructed the engineers to initiate systematic barricading on the Metro Line 2B stretches in order to maintain proper traffic flow & avoid any inconvenience to the citizens.
- During the site visit, Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas IAS, held an on-site meeting with the engineers & emphasized on following the timelines to make sure that there are no delays in implementing the Catch-Up Plan.
- Discussions related to completing the station designs were also in focus during this visit.
- During this site visit, the Metropolitan Commissioner briefed the officials to relocate the trees that will be affected by the project to allotted lands & vacant spots without harming the exotics species at the location.
About Mumbai Metro Line 2B (D.N. Nagar – Mandale):
- Metro Line 2B from D.N Nagar to Mandale is 23.643 km. long elevated corridor with 20 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway, Western Railway, Central Railway, Mono Rail, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova) and Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar), Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali) & Metro Line 3 (Colaba to SEEPZ) under implementation.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Eastern & Western Suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the commercial, Govt. bodies and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Mandale in up to an extent of 22 Ha. land area.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
Recently, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited the following tenders:
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/TC/0002570
- Name of work: Appointment of Contractor for Construction of Linkway FOBs at Metro Line-7 Stations Phase 1 (Part- B): Overipada & Rashtriya Udyan (North).
- Bid document download: From 09.09.2021 To 04.10.2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 23.09.2021
- Date of Closing: 04.10.2021
- Date of Opening: 07.10.2021
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002569
- Name of Work: Appointment of Green Building Consultant for providing IGBC (MRTS) Advisory and Certification services to MMRDA for Metro Lines 4,4A & 6 comprising of 45 Metro stations for obtaining IGBC platinum rating.
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002567
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 17 Elevated Stations viz. Dahisar (E), Upper Dahisar, Kandarpada, Mandapeshwar, Eksar, Borivali (W), PahadiEksar, Kandivali (W), Dahanukarwadi, Valnai, Malad (W), Lower Malad, Pahadi Goregaon, Goregaon (W), Oshiwara, Lower Oshiwara & Andheri (W) of Line 2A (Dahisar East to Andheri West) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 4,48,51,064/-
- Earnest Money: INR 2,24,255/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002566
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 12 Elevated Stations viz. Gundavali, Mogra, Jogeshwari (East), Goregaon (East), Aarey, Dindoshi, Kurar,Poisar, Magathane, Devipada, Rashtriya Udyan and Ovaripada of Line 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 3,16,00,751/-
- Earnest Money: INR 1,58,004/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
Source: MMRDA-Update | Image Credit: MMRDA