Shri S.V.R. Srinivas IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner carried out an extensive site visit on 14.09.2021 of two Metro Stations on Metro Line-7 to review various project aspects & the overall progress of this essential commute network.
- In this visit, the Metropolitan Commissioner inspected various testing equipment & reviewed the ongoing Metro Trial Run at the Aarey Metro Station.
- The Metropolitan Commissioner shared strict instructions to the whole team regarding the project timelines.
- The Metropolitan Commissioner also held an on-site review meeting at the Dindoshi Metro Station to discuss the current challenges, the plans to continue the accelerated work speed, and the progress of station lighting and other utility works.
- Meanwhile, on 09.09.2021 Shri S.V.R. Srinivas conducted a comprehensive site visit of various Metro Stations on Metro Line-2A to review the overall project progress.
- He also instructed the team to work as per the catch-up plan for the time lost.
- The Metropolitan Commissioner held an on-site review meeting with the project engineers regarding the signal system & telecom system along with other criticality of the metro stations.
- At this meeting, the Metropolitan Commissioner also emphasized on ensuring quality of work.
About Mumbai Metro Line 7 (Andheri East – Dahisar East):
- Metro Line 7 from Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) is 16.475 km. long elevated corridor with 13 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Andheri, JVLR and Dahisar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the Mumbai International Airport (CSIA), SEEPZ, National Park and other commercial and geographical landmarks.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Dahisar to the extent of 15 Ha.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
Recent Tenders floated by MMRDA:
- Tender Ref No: MMRDA/TC/0002570
- Name of Work: Appointment of Contractor for Construction of Linkway FOBs at Metro Line-7 Stations Phase 1 (Part- B): Overipada & Rashtriya Udyan (North).
- Bid document download: From 09.09.2021 To 04.10.2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 23.09.2021
- Date of Closing: 04.10.2021
- Date of Opening: 07.10.2021
- Tender Ref No: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002569
- Name of Work: Appointment of Green Building Consultant for providing IGBC (MRTS) Advisory and Certification services to MMRDA for Metro Lines 4,4A & 6 comprising of 45 Metro stations for obtaining IGBC platinum rating.
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002567
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 17 Elevated Stations viz. Dahisar (E), Upper Dahisar, Kandarpada, Mandapeshwar, Eksar, Borivali (W), PahadiEksar, Kandivali (W), Dahanukarwadi, Valnai, Malad (W), Lower Malad, Pahadi Goregaon, Goregaon (W), Oshiwara, Lower Oshiwara & Andheri (W) of Line 2A (Dahisar East to Andheri West) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 4,48,51,064/-
- Earnest Money: INR 2,24,255/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
- Tender Ref No.: MMRDA/Metro-PIU/0002566
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Station Elements for 12 Elevated Stations viz. Gundavali, Mogra, Jogeshwari (East), Goregaon (East), Aarey, Dindoshi, Kurar,Poisar, Magathane, Devipada, Rashtriya Udyan and Ovaripada of Line 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA.
- Estimated cost: INR 3,16,00,751/-
- Earnest Money: INR 1,58,004/-
- Contract Period: 4 Months
Source: MMRDA-Update | Image Credit: MMRDA