Shri Sanjay Kumar Mohanty has taken over the charge of new Member (Operations & Business Development) Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and Ex. Officio Secretary to the Government of India on 01/05/2021.
- Shri Mohanty was General Manager, South Eastern Railway prior to his elevation to the post of Railway Board Member.
- Shri Sanjay Kumar Mohanty is an Alumnus of the Delhi School of Economics and belongs to the 1984 batch of Indian Railways Traffic Service (IRTS).
- Shri Mohanty worked in various important posts in Indian Railways viz. Principal Executive Director (Traffic Transportation)/Railway Board, Senior Deputy General Manager & Chief Vigilance Officer in East Coast Railway, Divisional Railway Manager in Khurda Road Division etc.
- Shri Mohanty also worked with distinction in various senior capacities at Mumbai, Nagpur, Jhansi and in Konkan Railway, where he was well-known as the System Builder for various innovations in administration and train operations.
- His contribution in rail transportation over Indian Railways is noteworthy, vast and varied.
Source: PIB-Press Release