General Manager Shri Sanjeev Kishore, Divisional Railway Manager Hubballi, Shri Arvind Malkhede and Principal Officers of SWR inspected several parameters key to safe running of Railways & upkeep of stations.
- Staff Quarters with modern amenities consisting 12 dwelling units constructed at the cost of Rs.1.8 crores inaugurated and Gang Tool cum Rest Room for Track Maintainers dedicated at Ballari.
- Speed Trial conducted successfully between Ballari & Daroji (24 KM) clocking a speed of 110kmph.
- Electronic Human Resource Management System (HRMS) booklet released.
- Children Park, Badminton Court in Railway Colony & Video Surveillance System at Gadag station inaugurated.
- Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager, South Western Railway, conducted statutory annual inspection on Ballari-Gadag Section over Hubballi Division on 14.03.2022. The focus of Annual Inspection was mainly operational Safety of the Section. He inspected major and minor stations i.e. Ballari, Hosapete, Munirabad and Gadag station and reviewed the Division’s performance. He was accompanied by Shri Arvind Malkhede, Divisional Railway Manager, Hubballi Division, Principal Heads of Departments, Divisional officers and staff during the course of inspection.
- Shri S. P.S.Gupta, Principal Chief Engineer, Shri Subba Rao , Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, Shri Hari Shankar Verma, Principal Chief Operations Manager, Shri Jaypal Singh, Principal Chief Electrical Engineer, Shri A.S.Rao, Principal Chief Commercial Manager, Shri P.Raja Shekhar, Principal Chief Signal and Telecommunication Engineer, Shri Rajneesh Gupta, Principal Chief Materials Manager, Shri Alok Tiwari Principal Chief Safety Officer, Shri Alok Kumar, Principal Chief Personnel Officer, Shri Alok Kumar Principal Chief Security Commissioner and other senior officers of South Western Railway and Branch Officers of Hubballi Division were present.
- The team inspected Station working, Sanitation, water supply, waiting rooms, refreshment rooms, booking offices, Running Room, Health Units, Route Relay Interlocking cabins, Crew lobby, Parking lot at the Railway Stations and Quarters. The assets inspected by the team include Points & Crossings at Ballari, Hosapete, Munirabad, and Gadag Yards, Interlocked Level Crossing Gate No.98 & 90 between Daroji and Papinayakanahalli Section, Curve No. 9 and Minor Bridge No. 155 between Papinayakanahalli and Kariganuru, Curve No. 68 and Major Bridge No. 104 (Tungabhadra Bridge) between Hosapete & Munirabad stations, Station Master’s Panel Room at Ballari and Munirabad Stations. Between Bayaluvoddigeri and Papinayakanahallihe interacted with staff of Gang No. 3 and released e-HRMS booklet. The Human Resource Management System is an important milestone in digitalization of Human Resource activities in Indian Railways. In order to help the staff better adapt to this new system and enable them to use HRMS in a hassle free manner on a day-to-day basis, this booklet has been brought out by Personnel department of Hubballi Division.
- A speed trial was conducted between Ballari and Daroji station clocking a speed of 110 kmph. This is a testimony to the good maintenance of track, signaling and other parameters.
- During the course of inspection, GM Shri Sanjeev Kishore dedicated the newly constructed 12 units Railway Staff quarters at Ballari equipped with all modern-day facilities. He reiterated ensuring the wellbeing of staff. He also inaugurated Selfie Point at the new park developed at Ballari station, Volley Ball Court, Pond, Sewage Treatment plant, Digital Register at Booking Office, Smart QR Code based ID Cards, and laid foundation stone for RPF Barrack at Ballari. A tree plantation drive along with PHODs was also organized at Ballari Railway Health Unit. Keeping up with the commitment of SWR towards environment, a lake has been rejuvenated at Ballari, to conserve water.
- Considering the importance of Track maintainers in ensuring safe running of trains and hardship being faced by them GM inaugurated the Gang tool room at Ballari station. Later he interacted with them and assured all necessary assistance towards duty and in safe running of trains.
- At Hosapete, he inspected the Parking lot, Residential Colony and Routine Overhauling (ROH) Shed. He inaugurated the Visvesvaraya Garden at the ROH Shed. He also inspected Munirabad station, and motivated the staff to ensure safe train operations.
- During the inspection at Gadag station, he inaugurated video surveillance system, which will enhance security and safety of passengers. It will also help RPF in tracing habitual offenders and improve safety in railway premises. Later he inaugurated Children Park, Badminton Court at Gadag railway colony and laid foundation stone for RPF Barrack.
- Shri Sanjeev Kishore also interacted with representatives of elected members, local residents and also representatives of various organization and discussed various items related to railways like stoppage of trains etc. It was informed to the public that Railways will look into this and all request will be addressed suitably.
- During the course of inspection, the General Manager also declared cash awards to outstanding employees for their dedicated and sincere service.
Source: South Western Railway- Press Release