Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager, South Central Railway conducted a detailed review on freight and parcel loading performance of the Zone on 07th January, 2022 at Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad along with Principal Heads of Departments.
- Divisional Railway Managers (DRMs) of all the six divisions viz., Vijayawada, Guntakal, Guntur, Secunderabad, Hyderabad and Nanded Divisions participated through web conference.
- The General Manager complimented the team SCR for registering an impressive growth in freight loading.
- The zone has recorded freight loading of 85.49 Million Tonnes (MTs) for the current financial year 2021-22 (up to December), surpassing the target set by the Railway Board.
- SCR has also exceeded the previous year’s freight loading by 29.2% when compared with the same period.
- Around 41.3 MTs of coal and 23.9 MTs of cement has been transported by the Zone in the current fiscal. Other commodities which contributed to SCRs performance include loading 4.78 MTs of Fertilizers and 1.32 MTs of Containers.
- Shri Sanjeev Kishore also highlighted the importance of the traffic facility works for increasing the throughput.
- He advised to complete the works at the earliest so that necessary infrastructure is available for the convenience of rail customers.
- He also advised the officials to conduct regular meetings with freight customers, so that the problems, if any, can be resolved immediately.
- South Central Railway has registered the highest ever parcel loading in the current financial year i.e., 2021-2022.
- The zone has recorded 3.85 Lakh Tonnes which is 158% more than the previous year’s parcel loading in the same period.
- Further, Shri Sanjeev Kishore also reviewed the infrastructural works in progress over the zone such as on-going new line, doubling, tripling and electrification projects over the Zone.
- The General Manager also held a detailed review on compliance of the directives issued by National Green Tribunal with regard to maintenance of green environment and pollution free establishment with action plan for covering all important aspects like management of solid waste, littering of solid and plastic wastes, prevention of open defecation etc.
Source: South Central Railway-Press Release