Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager, South Western Railway(SWR) has assumed charge as In-Charge General Manager of South Central Railway on 1st January 2022.
- He is an alumnus of Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (IRIMEE), Jamalpur.
- Mr. Sanjeev Kishore earned a PG diploma in management from MDI Gurgaon (with Prime Minister’s medal for best overall performance) and has completed the Executive Fellow Program (Doctoral Level) in Strategic Management from MDI Gurgaon.
- He has wide and varied experience of working in various capacities over Indian Railways and has served in North Eastern Railway, Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala, Central Railway, RITES, COFMOW, Centre for Railway Information Systems, New Delhi, Railway Board, and Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Bengaluru.
- He has undergone training on Advanced Strategic Management at Carnegie Mellon University, USA, Executive Leadership Program at SDA Bocconi, Italy and has several research papers to his credit.
- He has handled UNDP assisted project for upgradation of capabilities in Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala (1998); Transfer of technology from LHB, Germany and Fiat, Italy and Switzerland; crashworthy coach design project of RITES (2003-09) involving collaboration with expert organizations of USA and several public, private sector organizations in India; instrumental in starting of export of rail wheels and axle sets from India (Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Bengaluru) to Mozambique.
- He is a recipient of the National Award (Minister of Railways Award) for Meritorious Service in 2003, and a Fellow of Institutions of Engineer India, and Institution of Mechanical Engineers, United Kingdom.
Source: South Central Railway- Press Release