Shri Sanjeev Mittal, General Manager, Central Railway conducted the annual inspection of Miraj-Kurduwadi section on Solapur Division on 18.12.2020. Principal Heads of Departments, Shri Shailesh Gupta, Divisional Railway Manager, Solapur Division and other officers were present during the inspection.
- Shri Mittal inspected the Arag station which became one of the green stations of Central Railway, followed by exhibition at Arag station and OHE curve and Gang Unit on the Arag-Salgare section.
- At Sangola the General Manager inspected the staff colony.
- At Pandharpur, the General Manager inspected the new Emergency Medical Room, Health Unit and new Solar based water cooler and mobile charger.
- He also visited the Rajbhasha Exhibition, planted tree sapling and appreciated the Nukkad Natak presentation.
- The General Manager also inspected the Bhima bridge and Kurduwadi station.
- Shri Ranjeetsingh Naik-Nimbalkar, Hon’ble MP, Mhada met the General Manager and discussed various issues at Kurduwadi.
- At Solapur, Dr. Jaisiddheshwar Shivacharya Mahaswamiji, Hon’ble MP met the General Manager and discussed various issues.
- Shri Mittal interacted with Public Representatives, Recognised Unions & Trade Bodies and addressed the representatives of the Media.
- During the inspection all Covid norms were duly followed.
Central Railway has won Railway Minister’s Prestigious ‘Environment and Cleanliness Shied’ for the year 2019-20. This shield is given keeping in view the progress made in the field of:
- Energy Consumption
- Fuel Consumption
- Energy Audits
- Water Management
- Solid Waste Management
- Environment Management Certification
- Other Environment Related Works
General Manager, Shri Sanjeev Mittal congratulated Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, Central Railway Shri A K Gupta and all the Officers and Staff who have worked hard to achieve this feat.
- Central Railway has taken a lot of initiatives in all the areas and made great strides in:
- Renewable energy plants
- Swachhta Awareness Campaign
- Compliance to NGT directives
- Cleaner trains and stations
- Over Central Railway for water conservation, Rain water Harvesting is done at 128 locations, 13 artificial ponds are created, old water bodies are recharged and recycled water is used for platform washing and gardening.
- 20 composting plants were installed at various locations over Central Railway.
- Total 6.74 lakh saplings of various trees were planted alongside track and free land covering 194 Hectares area.
- Dense forest is created in Bhusawal, Solapur and Chinkhill.
Other Green Initiatives of CR:
- Central Railway has also installed solar street light, solar trees, solar umbrella and solar roof top panelling, solar water cooler, solar 3HP Pump and solar tubes for better illumination at various stations.
- Over Central Railway, work of 100% LED light fitting in all stations, service buildings and coaches has been completed.
- 60 Plastic Bottle Crushing Machines are installed on different stations.
- 21 High Volume Low Speed Energy Efficient Fans fitted at CSMT station.
- Central Railway is giving impetus in Indian Railways achieving net Zero Carbon emission by 2030.
- The winning of this shield jointly with South Central Railway and Modern Coach Factory will be a shot in the arm for more initiatives in the coming days towards a greener environment.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release