Shri Satish Agnihotri (IRSE:1982) (Retd.), Former Chairman and Managing Director, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited has taken over charge as Managing Director, National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. on 01st July, 2021. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), 1982 and Master of Engineering (Structures), 1984, both from IIT, Roorkee and was conferred the distinguished Alumnus Award in 2013 by IIT, Roorkee.
- Shri Agnihotri comes with more than 19 years of experience in implementation of mega rail infrastructure projects. He has worked as Chairman & Managing Director, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a schedule ‘A’ CPSE under the Ministry of Railways for close to 9 years.
- He also held the position of Chairman, High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (HSRC), a fully owned subsidiary of RVNL since its inception in July 2012 till August 2018.
- HSRC was the Indian-side counterpart agency for carrying out various high-speed studies which were undertaken on Government-to-Government basis with China, Spain etc. and completed feasibility studies of 5 high speed rail corridors.
- During his tenure as CMD/RVNL, RVNL completed 7000 km of project length including 3000 km doubling/3rd line, 880 km conversion of metre gauge track to broad gauge, 3000 km railway electrification, 85 km new line, 6 factories and many important bridges.
- A 7 km long tunnel was also completed in a record time of 25 months in a new line project in Andhra Pradesh.
Source: NHSRCL-Press Release