Indian Railways is the largest employer with mammoth more than 12 lakhs employees in India, is also the lifeline of our country. A dynamic initiative has been taken by the Railway Board under the leadership of Shri V.K. Yadav, Chairman and CEO, Railway Board launched the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) to computerize the complete work of human resources.
- In the first phase, a database of all employees has been created to facilitate the employees as well as pensioners specially issuing e-pass, employee master, e-APAR, Office Order etc.
- It has introduced new modules like Post Retirement Complimentary Pass, PF Advance and Employee Self Service in HRMS through video conference on 26.11.2020.
- Employees and Pensioners of Central Railway now can take benefits of these modules of HRMS.
- Pass modules have been implemented in Central railway for serving employees and thousands of employees have already taken e-Pass through this module.
- These modules will increase computerization in working of Railways and also give freedom to employees and pensioners to avail facilities through online.
CR wins Personnel Management and Environment & Cleanliness Shields:
The Railway Board’s Personnel Management Shield has been jointly received by Central Railway and West Central Railway for the year 2019. Central Railway achieved this reward after 14 long years.
- Central Railway has shown the best performance in all parameters of human resources like training, promotions and appointments including compassionate ground appointments, cordial relation with unions and associations, disposal of staff grievances, settlements etc.
- Central Railway is also the pioneer railway in IT solutions in the field of human resources.
- HRMS, e-Office, e-APAR, Computer Based Test, e-Samvad, Rail Karmik portal, Indian Railway online Training portal and many other online initiatives have been taken by Central Railway in Personnel Management during last two years.
- Similarly, Environment & Cleanliness Shield has been jointly received by Central Railway, South Central Railway and Modern Coach Factory, Rai Bareilly.Environment and Cleanliness Shield is instituted for the first time on Indian Railways.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR