On 04.01.2020, General Manager North Central and North Eastern Railway Shri Vinay Kumar Tripathi reviewed the position of Safety in train operation, infrastructure development, human resource development and expenditure control measures on North Central Railway.
This first review meeting by GM Shri Tripathi at NCR HQ Subedarganj was attended by PHODs of NCR and DRMs from Prayagraj, Jhansi and Agra divisions while other officers attended the meeting through video conferencing.
- Shri V K Tripathi working as GM NER since 27.10.2020 has taken over the additional charge of the post of General Manager, North Central Railway on 01.01.2021.
- Shri Tripathi has very rich experience of over three decades in Railway electrical engineering and important general administration assignments on different zonal Railways and Railway Board and has worked as DRM Allahabad (Now Prayagraj) in 2014-2016.
- Shri Tripathi stressed that safety in train operation will remain the first and foremost priority for North Central Railway.
- He said that well laid out systems for maintenance and operation of Railways are available and compliance at all levels without any exception shall have to be ensured.
- He further emphasized on quality of field and technical inspections for supervisors and officers for safe and efficient train running.
- Shri Tripathi also reviewed works related to 160 kmph speed raising on New Delhi-Howrah and New Delhi-Mumbai Trunk routes over North Central Railway.
- He emphasized on the need for a comprehensive and integrated approach in planning for traffic blocks so as optimum work output is achieved with minimal effect on train running during execution of this important work.
- He also reviewed other important works for mobility improvement, increase in loading, passenger amenities and facilities for differently abled persons in stations and trains.
- Reviewing financial performance of NCR, Shri Tripathi said that while effort shall be on increasing freight and passenger revenue, we also need to critically review expenditure to achieve economy.
- He stressed on development of inhouse skill sets for maintenance of latest technological systems and equipment adopted on Railways.
- On the front of Human resource development Shri Tripathi instructed that all promotions, departmental selection etc. must be completed on time and a specific schedule for each activity must be drawn out in advance.
- He also emphasized on seamless and complete implementation of IT application like HRMS etc. on HQ and the three divisions to ensure that full benefits of fast, paperless and transparent working are passed on to Railway men and women of North Central Railway.
- Shri V K Tripathi also instructed that all preparatory works for safe, comfortable and efficient handling of pilgrims during Magh Mela- 2021 must be completed on time and instructed for organizing a specific review meeting for Magh Mela works.
Source: North Central Railway-Press Release