Hon’ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath interacted on Wednesday with the RRTS construction workers of Meerut at its Shatabdi Nagar Casting yard, on the occasion of starting of cash transfer to the construction workers under the state government’s labour department welfare scheme.
- The interaction was done through video conferencing in presence of Meerut District Magistrate and senior officers of the Uttar Pradesh government at the RRTS casting yard.
- Hon’ble CM asked the construction workers about the awareness of the scheme and urged them to register themselves to get benefitted.
- Workers were quite happy and motivated after the interaction.
- Around 150 construction workers of RRTS Casting yard, Shatabdi Nagar, Meerut were present on the occasion.
- They have been provided information about other welfare measures through a special kiosk established by the Labour department at the Casting yard.
- Some unregistered workers were also registered for the scheme on the site.
Ghaziabad RRTS station taking shape:
Meanwhile, Ghaziabad RRTS station has started taking shape. The station is part of the Priority Section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Corridor to be commissioned in March 2023.
- The RRTS alignment is crossing the Delhi Metro viaduct as well as an existing flyover, just before the station.
- The platform level of the station is about 24m high.
- It is an important regional node and will facilitate integration of future corridors of Phase II.
- The Ghaziabad RRTS station will be seamlessly integrated with the existing Delhi Metro station (Shaheed Sthal New Bus Adda Metro Station), and the Bus Stand of Ghaziabad.
- Apart from this, there will be three exclusive entry/ exits, of which, two are on the road towards Meerut, while the third one is on the other side.
- The accessibility will be provided through Foot Over Bridges, with facilities of escalators and lifts for comfortable commuter movement, making it accessible for elderly and specially abled.
- Each platform will be served by 2 escalators, 3 staircases and a lift for commuters’ convenience.
- All platforms are provided with automatic Platform Screen Doors (PSDs) for safety of passengers.
- The lifts provided at RRTS stations have the size & capacity to accommodate stretchers as well, immensely beneficial during occasional medical emergencies.
- There will be 24×7 CCTV monitoring for enhanced security.
About Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
The Project was sanctioned by the Government of India in March 2019. On 8th March 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India laid the Foundation Stone of India’s first regional rail.
The details of current status of this corridor is provided below:-
- The construction of Delhi–Ghaziabad–Meerut corridor is progressing on schedule.
- Contracts for all the major packages have been awarded and the prototype RRTS trainset is expected to be delivered by Dec’2021.
- Project work for priority section of Duhai to Sahibabad of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is progressing on schedule with following developments:
- Construction of civil infrastructure including piles, pile caps, piers, viaduct and station work is on full swing.
- Construction of RSS at Muradnagar has started for feeding the priority section including Duhai Depotc.
- Land for Duhai Depot has already been acquired and depot infrastructure construction has started.
- Contract has been awarded for most of the system packages like Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, Track, Traction and OHE etc.
- Possession of Land allotted by Government of India for stabling yard in Delhi.