The IRCON International Limited (IRCON) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s. Siemens Limited for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC.
- Tender Ref No.: IRCON/ELECT/5037-5038 NCRTC OT 220 kV AND 66kV GIS
- Name of work: Design, Manufacture & Supply of 66kV (Rated Voltage 72.5kV), 2500A, 31.5kA Gas Insulated Switchgear (66kV GIS) & 220kV (Rated Voltage 245kV), 1500A, 40kA Gas Insulated Switchgear (220kV GIS) with all accessories for Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Receiving Sub Stations [including 25 kV AC Traction cum 33 kV Auxiliary Main Sub Stations], Extra High Voltage & High Voltage cabling, 25 KV Overhead Equipment (FOGS/ROCS), Auxiliary Power Supply [including Auxiliary Sub Station], SCADA Systems, Operational Control Centre and Associated works on Viaduct & Tunnel for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC (Lot 1 & Lot 2).
- Awarded Value: INR 40.30 Crore
- Work Completion Period (in days): 420
This work of Stage-1 of Lot-1 and Stage-2 of Lot-2 shall be completed by 31.08.2021 and work of Stage-3 of Lot-1 and Stage-4 of Lot-2 shall be completed by 04.11.2022.
- NCRTC has geared up construction activities on India’s first Regional Rail between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.
- Superstructures are now visible on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Also, work for the RRTS viaduct near Dharamshila Marg, New Ashok Nagar in Delhi has already been started.
- In this 4.3 km elevated section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, there will be the construction of a viaduct from Sarai Kale Khan RRTS Station to New Ashok Nagar Down ramp, including Jangpura entry ramp to the stabling yard, Jangpura.
- Two elevated RRTS stations, namely Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar, will also be constructed, including a bridge over the Yamuna River.
- The RRTS will have a total length of 82.15 km (68.03 km elevated and 14.12 km underground) with 25 stations.
- It will have a design speed of 180 km per hour, maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour and high-frequency operations, which will reduce the journey time from Delhi to Meerut to 60 minutes.
About IRCON International Limited (IRCON):
IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna – I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited. IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
About Siemens Limited:
Siemens Limited focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process, discrete & hybrid manufacturing industries. The Company brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. It offers broad expertise across the entire energy value chain, along with a comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators, the oil and gas industry, and other energy-intensive industries. With its products, solutions, systems, and services, it addresses the needs of energy transition, including storage and sector-coupling solutions.
It is also a supplier and service provider of intelligent mobility solutions for rail, road and inter-modal transport for passenger and freight services. Siemens Limited is the flagship listed company of Siemens AG in India. As of September 30, 2020, Siemens Limited had Revenue from continuing operations of INR 9,581 crore and 9,258 employees. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.co.in.
Source: IRCON-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC