Kolkata Metro’s Line 3 & 6 to be equipped with Siemens’ state-of-the-art rail automation technologies.
- The consortium of Siemens Limited India and Siemens Mobility GmbH has secured an order from Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a Listed Mini Ratna Category I Schedule A CPSE under the Administrative control of Ministry of Railways, for signaling and telecommunication of the Kavi Subhash-Biman Bandar Corridor (32 km) and Joka-Esplanade Metro Corridor (16 km) of Kolkata Metro Line 3 & 6.
- Siemens’ CBTC solution will facilitate 100% punctuality, maximum network capacity, energy savings and decreased headways while ensuring highest possible safety.
- Siemens is also engaged in electrification works for Kolkata Metro Line 3 & 6. Previously, Siemens has equipped Kolkata Metro’s North-South corridor and East-West line with TPWS signalling and rail electrification systems, respectively.
Sunil Mathur, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Siemens Limited, said, “Kolkata Metro has a pivotal role in enhancing the quality of life and economic growth of the city. As a leading provider of sustainable and efficient transport systems, Siemens is proud to partner with RVNL and Kolkata Metro in transforming the everyday life of the citizens of Kolkata.”
About Siemens Limited:
- Siemens Limited is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport as well as transmission and generation of electrical power.
- From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation, the company creates technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
- By combining the real and the digital worlds, Siemens empowers its customers to transform their industries and markets, to transform the everyday for people. Siemens Limited is the flagship listed company of Siemens AG in India.
- As of September 30, 2021, Siemens Limited had Revenue from continuing operations of INR 12,756 crore and 8,608 employees.
Source: Siemens Limited -Press Release