South Western Railway is poised to load about 39 Million Tonnes of freight during the financial year 2020-21. Hubballi is the highest freight loading division on SWR as nearly 80% of targeted freight is loaded from stations under its jurisdiction. To achieve the target for loading, an action plan has been drawn up.
Towards the same freight customers meet was held on 04.07.2021, through video conference with various freight customers chaired by Shri Arvind Malkhede, Divisional Railway Manager/Hubballi.
Major Freight Customers that took part are as below:
- Ugar Sugar
- Sri Kalahasti Pipes
- Vishwaraj Sugars
- GEMS Sugar
- EID Parry
- Nirani Sugars
- Payvast Granite
- Payvast Granite
- JK Cement
- Kalyani Steels
- Renuka Sugar
This meet has been organised by Shri Krishna Chaitanya, Sr. Divisional Operating Manager and officers of the Traffic (business development branch) of Hubballi Division.
Highlights of the meet:
- Freight customers loading commodities such as Iron Ore, Pig Iron (used for Steel production), Granite, sugar etc from Belgavi , Chikodi, Sandor, Ginigera and Bellary took part in the interactive video conference.
- Various freight incentive schemes available were conveyed to the customers to enable them to avail benefits under these schemes.
- Concessions extended by the Railway board for freight rakes to cater to the different loading patterns were appraised to them
- Attractive schemes such as back commodity loading allowed in mini rakes within 1500 kms were apprised.
- Shri Malkhede advised freight customers to take advantage of these concessions and capture the traditional empty flow movement.
- DRM/Hubballi also sought support of customers to explore the feasibility of opening new private sidings along with the ongoing doubling of Londa-Miraj line to cater to the loading demands better.
- DRM/Hubballi has assured all possible assistance to the customers and emphasized to move more traffic by Railways as it is the best option for freight transportation during the current crisis faced due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Railways agreed to ensure timely availability of various train rakes to cater to the different loading requirements of customers.
- It was also informed that maintenance of weighbridges and commissioning of new weigh bridges were being monitored at the highest level.
- Customers were also informed that continuous interaction between customers and Railway officials from various departments of Railways- Operating, Commercial, Finance and Mechanical under the Business Development unit chaired by Sr. Divisional Operating Manager/Hubballi, will provide the much needed impetus to ensure customer satisfaction and attract new freight business.
Source: South Western Railway-Press Release