- The e-auctions are now conducted online through the ‘E-Auction Leasing’ module of Indian Railway e-Procurement System (IREPS).
E-auction in Southern Railway:
- Southern Railway, across its six divisions, had awarded a total 64 contracts under e-auction with a value of Rs.34.60 Crores. This includes 18 Parking contracts, 21 advertisement contracts, 19 contracts for leasing of parcel space in SLR, 3 contracts for operation of AC Paid Waiting Halls and 3 contracts for running Pay & Use toilets at railway stations.
- A total of 3108 assets were identified and created by the six divisions of Southern Railway for e-auction for Commercial earnings and Non-fare revenue (NFR). This includes assets such as SLR leasing for parcels (575), Parking (480), Advertising (1280), Pay & Use Toilets (367) and ATM (404).
Contracts awarded by Divisions of SR through e-auction (till 29th July 2022):
- Salem Division has awarded a total of 28 contracts for a total value of Rs.21 Crores. This includes 11 Parking contracts for Rs.15.83 Crores, 14 Advertisement Contracts for Rs.3.86 Crores and 3 contracts for operation of AC Paid waiting halls at railway stations at a cost of Rs.1.31 Crores.
- Chennai Division has awarded a total of 8 contracts for a total value of Rs.6.61 Crores. This includes 2 Parking contracts for Rs.2.26 Crores, 3 Advertisement Contracts for Rs.2.67 Crores and 3 leasing contracts for Rs.1.68 Crores.
- Madurai Division has awarded a total of 14 contracts for a total value of Rs.2.68 Crores towards leasing for parcels.
- Tiruchchirappalli Division has awarded a total of 7 contracts for a total value of Rs.1.72 Crores. This includes 4 Parking contracts for Rs.1.68 Crores and 3 contracts for Pay & Use toilets at railway stations valued at Rs.3.5 lakhs.
- Thiruvananthapuram Division has awarded a total of 6 contracts for a total value of Rs.1.38 Crores. This includes 4 Advertisement Contracts for Rs.58 lakhs and 2 leasing contracts for Rs.80 lakhs.
- Palakkad Division has awarded one Parking contract for a value of Rs.1.19 Crore.
Advantages of e-auction:
- The system obviates the need for physical registrations, with the entire process streamlined online. Bidders/contractors located anywhere in the country can participate in auctions in any field unit of Indian Railways.
- Self-registrations have to be done online only once and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) can be deposited electronically. Successful bidders would be able to receive acceptance online and through e-mail in a very short span of time.
- The process is simple and standardized pan-India. The system fetches the true commercial potential of assets due to higher competition amongst bidders. Moreover, the entire process is faster and increases the revenue of Railways.
Source: Southern Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Southern Railway