Share with your network
Shri R.N. Singh, General Manager, Southern Railway conducted an extensive review of Station redevelopment plans of Kanya Kumari station and inspected KanyaKumari-Thiruvananthapuram track doubling works on 25th of November, 2022.
- The General Manager also inspected Nemom railway station. Shri R P Jingar, Chief Administrative Officer, Construction Organisation/ Ernakulam, Shri R Mukund, Divisional Railway Manager, Thiruvananthapuram Division, and a team of senior divisional officials accompanied the General Manager.
- In the morning, Shri R.N. Singh, General Manager, Southern Railway inspected Kanniyakumari railway station and conducted an extensive review of Station Redevelopment plans. Shri R P Jingar, Chief Administrative Officer, Construction Organisation, Southern Railway along with senior engineering officials elaborated the General Manager about several crucial capacity augmentation works being expedited by the division.
- Kanniyakumari station redevelopment project for which tender has been finalized yesterday (23rd November, 2022) will be completed in 18 months’, informed the construction officials.
- The General Manager also critically reviewed the proposed plan, construction of new platforms, widening of platforms and the new Foot Over Bridge at the station and advised improvements. Further, he instructed the team of officials to expedite the work within the time frame.
Inspection of Kanniyakumari – Thiruvananthapuram section:
- Later, the General Manager conducted awindow trailing inspection between Kanniyakumari and Thiruvananthapuram Central. During the course of inspection, the General Manager reviewed the ongoing works and amenities coming up at railway stations as a part of doubling such as new station platforms, foot over bridges, lifts, escalators, waiting area and road approach to stations.
- The General Manager took stock of the work in progress and suggested expeditious implementation of amenity works.
Inspection of Nemom:
- After the window trailing inspection, the General Manager visited Nemom Railway Station. Representatives of residence associations of Nemom met the General Manager at the railway station and submitted representation for speedy implementation of the Nemom Terminal Project.
- They expressed their solidarity with Railways and assured that they will extend whole-hearted support with regard to land acquisition for Nemom Terminal.
Meeting with DRM and Senior officials at Thiruvananthapuram:
- Later, at Thiruvananthapuram, Shri R.N. Singh General Manager interacted with Divisional Officers including Shri Paul Enoch Edwin, Chief Project Manager of the newly constituted Gati Sakthi Unit at Thiruvananthapuram Division.
- The Gati Shakti Unit will closely monitor the progress of all the infrastructural projects in the division with emphasis on inter-modal connectivity.
- Addressing the Officers, the General Manager stressed the importance of Safety, Punctuality and Cleanliness and its execution through concerted efforts and camaraderie.
- The General Manager commended the performance of Thiruvananthapuram Division in various aspects of functioning and suggested novel ways to improve goods traffic.
- During the meeting, Shri R.N.Singh, General Manager launched a WhatsApp based Employee Grievances Redressal System. He stated that the health of railway personnel should be taken care of and their grievances should be redressed immediately.
- He also inaugurated a renovated badminton court at Vanchinad Railway Officers Club, Thiruvananthapuram.
Inspection of Kollam station:
- The General Manager inspected Kollam station and reviewed the Station Redevelopment Plans. He also suggested improvements to the redevelopment plans and instructed the officials to monitor and expedite the work within the time frame.
Window trailing inspection of Thiruvananthapuram – Ernakulam section:
- After the meeting. The General Manager proceeded on a window trailing inspection from Thiruvananthapuram to Ernakulam and took stock of various capacity augmentation, and signaling works in the section.
At Ernakulam Junction and Ernakulam Town Stations:
- At Ernakulam Junction, the General Manager reviewed the proposed Station Redevelopment plans of Ernakulam Junction and Ernakulam Town.
Source: Southern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Southern Railway
Be the first to comment