M/s Subudhi Technoengineers Pvt. Ltd. has bagged a contract from National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) for Survey, Identification of Overhead, Over Ground, Underground Utilities And Identification Of Power Sourcing Options for substations Along The Proposed Mumbai-Nasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor.
- Contract Package No: NHSRCL/CO/EL/POWER/2020/25
- Name of work: Survey, Identification of Overhead, Over Ground, Underground Utilities And Identification Of Power Sourcing Options for substations Along The Proposed MumbaiNasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor.
- Completion period of the Work: 16 Weeks
In September this year, the NHSRCL had invited online open e-tenders for the work Contract: NHSRCL/CO/EL/POWER/2020/25.
The National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) is in the process of preparation of Detailed Project Report for a new High speed rail corridor from Mumbai to Nagpur. The length of this corridor is approximately 741 km. The tentative location of stations on the proposed Mumbai-Nasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail is as below:
- Karanja Lad
- Malegoan Jahangir
Scope of work:
The complete scope of work for this tender is divided into two parts:
- Survey & identification of overhead, over ground and underground utilities along the proposed route of MumbaiI-Nasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail.
- The proposed Mumbai-Nasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor is planned along major expressways/ national highways, greenfield areas and may be passing through arterial roads of the intermediate city road network for high speed rail connectivity between different cities along the corridor. Large number of overhead, surface and sub-surface utility services viz. electrical transmission lines, electric distribution lines/poles, traffic signals, telephone cables, sewers, water mains, storm water drains, gas/oil pipelines etc. are anticipated to be existing along the proposed alignment.
- The utility services may have to be planned for shifting, modification to enable construction of HSR structures and/or to ensure safety & adequate clearance as per HSR requirements.
- As such, these utilities may critically affect the construction works and project implementation time schedule and costs, for which necessary planning / action needs to be initiated in advance.
- Identification of Power Sourcing options (suitable Grid Substations, shortest optimal Transmission line/HV cable route & length) for Traction Substations (TSS) & Distributions Substations (DSS) along the proposed route of Mumbai-Nasik-Nagpur High Speed Rail Corridor by interaction with power utility companies & through preliminary survey.
- Traction Substations (TSS) are located along the route of HSR corridor which would feed traction power to high speed trains. Distribution Substations (DSS) are located at or near every HSR station, Depots, OCC which would feed power to non-traction loads.
- Locations, Loads & Number of TSS & DSS: The tentative number of TSS would be 16 & the tentative number of DSS would be 18. The locations of TSS & DSS and other related information such as loads etc. would be provided by NHSRCL to the successful bidder at the time of signing the contract agreement.
- Works required to be carried out: The objective of the survey is to recommend the most suitable, reliable and economic project solution for power sourcing based on interaction with utilities and preliminary survey of routes for Transmission Line/cable:
- Grid Substations or Transmission Lines of power utility (State or Central) nearest to TSS & DSS
- Availability of space, Transformer Capacity and augmentation possibility in Grid Substation (GSS) of power utility or possibilities of Line in Line out (LILO) connection with Transmission Line.
- Optimal Route, length of transmission line/HV cable from GSS to TSS/DSS keeping in mind minimum project execution time & cost.
- Identifying Technical suitability of land for TSS & DSS.
It may be noted that preferred voltage level for TSS shall be 110 kV/132 kV or above & preferred voltage level for DSS shall be 33 kV or above. The contractor would be required to coordinate with employer & concerned utilities for above works. The above information would be obtained through interaction with utilities, attending necessary meetings and preliminary survey of route.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update