The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) has invited sealed bids from the eligible Bidders for the Construction of 4.15 km (ch.-450 to ch. 3700) elevated viaduct dead end of Sarthana station to end of UG ramp including 4 stations (Excl. E&M, Architectural finishing and Roofing) for Surat Metro Rail Project Phase-1, Corridor-1.
- Tender No: GMRC/CONS/VDCT+STNS/PKG-CS4/PH-1/2022
- Name of Work: Construction of 4.15 km (ch.-450 to ch. 3700) elevated viaduct dead end of Sarthana station to end of UG ramp including 4 stations (Excl. E&M, Architectural finishing and Roofing) for Surat Metro Rail Project Phase-1, Corrid
- Document Sale: 25/02/2022 to 12/04/2022
- Submission upto: 12/04/2022
- Pre Bid Date: 11/03/2022
- Opening Date: 12/04/2022
Scope of Work:
- Preparation of detailed engineering and installation drawings, supply and supervision during fixing of strip seal/compression seal/ Omega seal expansion joints conforming to specifications. The expected expansion/contraction of the superstructure at the location of expansion joints are shown in relevant drawings.
- Design, manufacture, providing and seating of expansion joints by the specialized agency and approved by the Engineer.
- Necessary technical supervision for installation of each and every expansion joint during different stages of installation including rectification of any deficiency or defect attributable to fixing and installation will be provided by the manufacturer/supplier.
- The expansion joint shall be provided for the full width of viaduct including the railing.
- Leak tightness of all joints shall be ensured which shall also carry a warranty of 10years from the contractor. The expansion joints provided over elevated structure decks should be so designed as to be compatible with the bearings wherever provided where the structure passesthrough stations, specially designed completely waterproof expansion joints should be provided.
- The contractor shall submit design and drawing of expansion joints based on design criteria mentioned under “scope of Work” to the Engineer for approval. The design of expansion joint shall be done as per Revised Highways “Interim Specification for expansion joint” issued by MORTH circular No. RW/NH – 34059/1/96 – S & R dated 30th November 2000 and 20th February 2001, IRC Codes and MORTH Specification for Roads and Bridges and Sound Engineering practices.
- Any modification to the design and drawings submitted by the Contractor, if suggested by the Engineer, shall be incorporated without any reservations. The design and drawings including changes approved by the Engineer shall form the basis of execution and the Contractor shall undertake all necessary action for ensuring execution of work on that basis.
- For design, manufacture, testing and supply of stripseal/modular strip seal expansion joints, following will be followed in order of preferences:
- Details in this chapter and elsewhere in tender documents.
- “Revised Interim Specifications for expansion joints” issued by MORTH circular v No. RW/NH -34059/1/96/ S & R dated. 30.11.2000 and 20th 190ebruary 2001
- IRC Codes and MORTH specifications for roads and bridges published by Indian Road Congress.
- Sound Engineering Practice (Decision of Engineer will be final in this case) which shall include specialized literature as decided by Engineer-in-Charge
About Surat Metro Rail Project:
- Surat with a population of around 60 lakhs is the fastest growing city in India.
- The city has no Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), thus GoI and GoG decided to provide an MRTS facility in Surat.
- Phase-I of Surat Metro Rail Project, with a total length of 40.35 kms comprises two corridors.
- Length of Corridor-1 is 21.61 kms and Corridor-2 is 18.74 kms with an estimated completion cost of project Rs.12,020 crore.
- The Project has two distinct corridors, with double track as under:
|S. N||Corridor||Underground (KM)||Elevated (KM)||Total (KM)|
|1||Corridor-1 Sarthana to Dream City||6.47||15.14||21.61|
|2||Corridor-2 Bhesan to Saroli||–||15.14||18.74|
- Corridor-1: Sarthana to Dream city: This corridor provides metro connectivity to Gadhpur Township, Sarthana Nature Park, Nana Varachhe village, Kalakunj Junction, Kapodra and Punavillage, Labheshwar Chowk area, Big Diamond Market (Mini Bazar) of Surat, Retail Sari Market, Surat Railway Station, Muskati Hospital, Bhagal junction, Gandhi Bagh, Chowk Bazar, Majura Gate, Roopali Canal, Altha Treatment, Althan Gram, VIP road Women IIT,Bhimrad, Convention City and Dream City.
- Corridor-2: Bhesan to Saroli: Prominent areas like Bhesan Treatment Plant, International Cricket Stadium, SMC Botanical Garden, Palanpur, LP Savani School, Performing Art Centre, TGB Circle, Aquarium, Badri Narayan Temple, Star Bazar, Tapi River, Athawa Chopati, Majura Gate, UdhanaDarwaja, Kamala Darwaja, Anjana Junction, Parvat Pataya, Magub Village, Bharat Cancer Hospital, Saroli, etc. are connected through this route.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://gmrc.nprocure.com.