The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited has invited sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning and Training of 72 Nos. Standard Gauge Cars for Surat Metro Rail Phase-I Project.
- Contract No.: GMRC/RS2
- Name of Work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning and Training of 72 Nos. of Standard Gauge Cars for Surat Metro Rail Phase-I Project.
- EMD: 6.35 Cr.
- Document Cost: INR 50,000/-
About the Project:
- The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited has applied for financing from KfW toward the cost of the Surat Metro Rail Phase-I Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning and Training of 72 Nos. Standard Gauge Cars for Surat Metro Rail Phase-I Project for which this Invitation for Bids is issued.
- Bidding will be conducted by means of the International Competitive Bidding procedure with qualification as specified in the KfW Guidelines for the Procurement of Consulting Services, Works, Goods, Plant and Non-Consulting Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries (“KfW Procurement Guidelines”).
- KfW requires that Bidders and Contractors, as well as Borrowers, under Contracts funded with KfW Loan observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of such Contracts. In pursuance of this policy, KfW:
- Will reject a proposal for award if it determines that the Bidder recommended for award has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for the Contract in question.
- Will recognize a Contractor as ineligible, for a period determined by KfW, to be awarded a Contract funded with KfW Loan if it at any times determines that the Contractor has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for, or in executing, another contract funded by KfW.
About Surat Metro Rail Project:
- Surat with a population of around 60 lakhs is the fastest growing city in India. The city has no Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), thus GoI and GoG decided to provide an MRTS facility in Surat.
- Phase-I of Surat Metro Rail Project, with a total length of 40.35 kms comprises two corridors.
- Length of Corridor-1 is 21.61 kms and Corridor-2 is 18.74 kms with an estimated completion cost of project Rs.12,020 crore.
|Corridors||Total Length (KM) Completely Elevated||Total Stations (All Elevated)|
|Sarthana to Dream City||15.14||6.47||14||6|
|Bhesan to Saroli||18.74||–||18||–|
- The Corridor-1 is from Sarthana to Dream City, which comprises 14 elevated stations and 6 underground stations with depot at Dream City and the Corridor-2 is from Bhesan to Saroli, which comprises 18 elevated stations with depot at Bhesan.
- The Corridor from Dream City Depot to Kadarsha ni Nal of 9.88 Kms (Corridor-1) is being taken up on priority which is having 10 elevated Metro Stations.
- With the constant monitoring and guidance by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Office and Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat, this project will provide an environmentally friendly Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) to the historical city of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat.
- The said Metro Projects are designed in such a way that it will provide environment friendly, comfortable, hassle free connectivity to some major railway stations, bus depots, colleges, schools, offices, residential areas, commercial places, malls and tourist spots of the cities.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://gmrc.nprocure.com.