Share with your network
Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited has invited e-tenders for Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of Power Supply receiving & Distribution System, 750 V Dc Third Rail Traction electrification and SCADA System for Surat Metro Rail Project phase-I
- Tender Number: 18/02/2022 to 05/04/2022
- Name of Work: Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of Power Supply receiving & Distribution System, 750 V DC Third Rail Traction electrification and SCADA System for Surat Metro Rail Project phase-I”.
- Document Cost: INR 50,000/-
- Last date submission of E-Tender: 05/04/2022
- Opening Date: 05/04/2022
Scope of Work:
- This Specification applies to the third rail system for the Surat Metro Rail project Phase I. The third rail system at 750 V DC shall be utilized for transporting the power to rolling stock. The third rail system shall be of the bottom contact type in which vehicle-mounted current collection shoes press upwards onto the underside of the conductor rail.
- The Contractor’s Scope of Work includes design, interface, procurement and supply of complete material for the third rail system including items like grease etc.,supervision and installation of third rail system, necessary interface with track work contractor/any designated contractor for third rail fixing arrangement,layout,crossovers, installation of insulated joints, DCcable crossings beneath the track testing and commissioning including system acceptance tests and integration testing & commissioning of installed third rail system.
- The supply and installation of third rail equipment including DC cables & HDPE pipes for cable crossing shall be carried out by ST-EP-1 contractor. Installation and connection of all DC cables shall be carried out by ST-EP-1 contractor.
- The design, interface, procurement,installation, testing and commissioning of the stinger system shall be under the Scope of the ST-EP-1Contractor, .
- All components of the same pattern should be interchangeable. The use of interchangeable components shall be maximized in the design.
- The Contractor shall submit valid type test certificates for the components proposed for the third rail system.
- The designated Supplier shall submit drawings / specifications / manuals (installation, operation and maintenance)to describe the component, to explain the installation and maintenance and to calculate the maximum section lengths considering the ambient temperatures as well as the heating of the rail due to current flow.
Third Rail System:
- Electric power shall be supplied to the trains by means of a conductor rail known as third rail. The conductor rail shall be installed on trackside at the specified distance to the track centreline / top of the rails.
- In the double-track line, the conductor rail shall be installed between both tracks in order to leave sufficient space between for walkways. In stations, it is necessary for safety reasons to install the conductor rail on the side of the track opposite to the plat form edge. The contractor shall ensure the arrangement asper approved Schedule of Dimension (SoD).
- The nominal traction power supply voltage is 750 V DC, which shall be transferred to the traction vehicles via conductor rails and current collector shoes placed at defined positions on the traction vehicles.
- The collector shoes shall contact the conductor rails from underneath.
- Power for tracks inside the workshop building shall be provided via stinger installations. Stinger cables, attached to contact trolleys, provide power from overhead conductor rail cables. The installation and commissioning of the stinger system inside the workshop building shall also be under the Scope of the work of ST-EP-1.
- The conductor rail and all connected parts are kept within a defined space constraint to prevent anything coming into contact by a passing train. Traction contractor has to interface with all their interfacing partners to ensure these.
About Surat Metro Rail Project:
- Surat with a population of around 60 lakhs is the fastest growing city in India. The city has no Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), thus GoI and GoG decided to provide an MRTS facility in Surat.
- Phase-I of Surat Metro Rail Project, with a total length of 40.35 kms comprises two corridors.
- Length of Corridor-1 is 21.61 kms and Corridor-2 is 18.74 kms with an estimated completion cost of project Rs.12,020 crore.
|Corridors||Total Length (KM) Completely Elevated||Total Stations (All Elevated)|
|Sarthana to Dream City||15.14||6.47||14||6|
|Bhesan to Saroli||18.74||–||18||–|
- The Corridor-1 is from Sarthana to Dream City, which comprises 14 elevated stations and 6 underground stations with depot at Dream City and the Corridor-2 is from Bhesan to Saroli, which comprises 18 elevated stations with depot at Bhesan.
- The Corridor from Dream City Depot to Kadarsha ni Nal of 9.88 Kms (Corridor-1) is being taken up on priority which is having 10 elevated Metro Stations.
- With the constant monitoring and guidance by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Office and Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat, this project will provide an environmentally friendly Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) to the historical city of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat.
- The said Metro Projects are designed in such a way that it will provide environment friendly, comfortable, hassle free connectivity to some major railway stations, bus depots, colleges, schools, offices, residential areas, commercial places, malls and tourist spots of the cities.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://gmrc.nprocure.com.
Be the first to comment