RITES Ltd., a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways (Employer) has invited Limited tenders through E‐Tendering system from empanelled sub‐consultant for the work of “Traffic and Travel Surveys for Multi Modal Integration Planning of Surat Metro Phase I Stations ‐ Corridor 2 from Bhesan to Saroli”.
- E‐tender No: RITES/UT/CO/SURAT/MMI/697/10/2020/Traffic
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 21, 86,733
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20.11.2020
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03.12.2020
- Bid Submission Start Date: 25.11.2020
- Bid Submission End Date: 03.12.2020
- Bid Opening Date: 04.12.2020
RITES Ltd. have been engaged by Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRC) for Development of Multi modal Integration Plan for Surat Metro Phase I Stations. The study area includes the influence area of proposed Phase I Metro corridors. As part of study, the primary traffic and travel surveys are required to be carried out within the study area for activity mapping and development of macro/micro Level station area plans.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work of the sub‐consultant as per total quantities indicated in the table for financial quotation shall be as follows:
1. Conduct of primary traffic & travel surveys, as listed below:
- Road Network Inventory:-
Road Network Inventory survey to be carried out on all major roads influence the study area and within study area. The survey shall appreciate the physical characteristics of the identified road network in terms of right‐of way, carriage way, number of access points, surface type, abutting land use, etc. The inventory of major intersections in the study area shall be carried out to identify physical constraints and bottleneck points along the identified road network. The inventory of pedestrian facilities like Footpaths, FOB, Underpass and Hawkers/Vendor Zones shall be carried out at mid‐blocks and major Intersections. Total of 200 km to be surveyed.
- Speed & Delay Survey:-
Speed & Delay survey to be carried out on all major roads influence the study area and within study area on both the direction during peak and off‐peak hour by moving car method, to work out the running speed, journey speed and reasons of delays on a working day. Total of 200 km to be surveyed.
- Classified Traffic Volume Counts along with Passenger Occupancy at Mid Blocks:-
Direction wise Classified Traffic Volume Count (TVC) along with Occupancy Surveys to be conducted at identified mid‐block locations. Total of 22 locations to be surveyed for 16 hours on a fair weather working day (06:00 AM to 10:00 PM). The survey locations will be planned in such a manner that the entire traffic on identified road links are covered.
- Classified Turning Movement Counts along with Passenger Occupancy at Intersections/Junctions (1 Day – 16 Hrs):-
Direction wise Classified Turning Movement Count (TMC) along with Occupancy Surveys to be conducted at identified intersection locations. Total of 15 locations to be surveyed for 16 hours on a fair weather working day (06:00 AM to 10:00 PM). The survey locations will be planned in such a manner that the entire traffic on identified road links are covered.
- Classified Turning Movement Counts along with Passenger Occupancy at Intersections/Junctions (7 Day – 24 Hrs):-
Direction wise Classified Turning Movement Count (TMC) along with Occupancy Surveys to be conducted at major intersection locations. Total of 7 locations to be surveyed for 24 hours continuously for 7 days. The survey locations will be planned in such a manner that the entire traffic on identified road links are covered.
- Pedestrian Volume Counts at Intersections/Mid‐Block ‐ along and across:-
Pedestrian Movement Count Survey shall be conducted at identified intersections and corridors to obtain the volume of pedestrians across and along the road corridor. The count should be conducted on 15 minute intervals for 16 hrs. Total of 40 locations to be surveyed for 16 hours from 06:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Parking Surveys (Off Street/On Street Locations stretch of 750m both sides):-
Parking Surveys shall be conducted at the identified locations for Off‐Street and On street parking. The On‐street parking survey shall cover the stretch of 750m on both sides of the stipulated survey location. The count should be conducted on 15 minute intervals for 12 hrs. Total of 35 locations have to be surveyed. Parking inventory survey shall be carried out to assess the parking characteristics in terms of parking duration and accumulation by mode.
- Railway Stations/Bus Station Passenger Survey (boarding + Alighting) cum OD opinion / willingness to pay survey:-
Passenger Boarding/Alighting Counts: This survey shall be conducted at major railway/Bus terminals within study area to obtain the volume of passengers. In this survey, the passengers entering and leaving the terminal should be counted on 15 minutes intervals for over a period of 24 hours.
Passenger OD surveys: The sampled commuters shall be enquired about the origin, destination, time, purpose, frequency and cost of travel. The survey shall be carried out at terminal continuously for 24 hours duration. The survey shall be conducted separately for Boarding and alighting passengers. Sample Size for the OD survey shall be decided depending upon the boarding/alighting of the terminal and shall be in the range of 30‐40%approximately. A total of 2 railway terminals and 2 bus terminals are to be surveyed for 24 hrs.
- IPT Survey (Boarding/Alighting) cum OD opinion + Willingness to Pay Survey at Bus Stop/Auto Stand/Taxi Stand:-
Boarding Alighting counts along with OD and opinion & Willingness to Pay survey to be carried out at major/ minor identified stands/stops within the study area on a typical working day. The random sampling technique (approx 15% samples) will be adopted to survey the passengers – Total of 40 locations to be surveyed for 16 hours and 1 day, from 06:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Traffic Signal Time and Queue Length Survey:-
Traffic Signal Timing and Queue Length survey has to be carried out at identified intersections/junctions to identify major bottlenecks which can show the severity of traffic congestion quantitatively. Total of 20 locations to be surveyed for 16 hours on a fair weather working day (06:00 AM to 10:00 PM).
2. Traffic Volume and Circulation Plans:
As a result of above traffic & travel surveys, traffic volume maps for all mentioned modes should be elaborated for the Study Area (scale 1:1000 or more detailed) which shows the maximum traffic demand. Development of circulation plans shall be done for each station and shall show the volume of traffic and the expected movements in the catchment areas. A mode‐wise segregation of parking, pickup and drop off, entry and exit of public transport users will be displayed as shown below.
3. Additionally, the sub‐consultant shall also depute a qualified professional to be available full‐time during the study duration with RITES for:
- To analyze the traffic data as per standard transport planning formats to provide traffic characteristics within the study area.
- To submit data report based on the above surveys and analysis.
- For secondary data collection and local coordination.
- To be present as and when required for the data verification and meeting with client
The deliverables and their timelines are as follows:-
|1||Inception Report||1 Week|
|2||Draft Traffic Data Analysis Report||5 Weeks|
|3||Draft Traffic Volume & Circulation Plan||6 Weeks|
|4||Final Traffic Data Analysis Report and Traffic Volume & Circulation Plan||7 Weeks|
To participate in the E‐Bid submission for RITES, it is mandatory for the bidders to get their firms registered with E‐Procurement Portal https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app.