Sterling & Wilson Pvt. Ltd. (SWPL) in a Joint Venture (JV) with Russia’s GSC Construction has bagged the electrification contract for corridor-1 & 2 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project on 20.11.2020.
- Based on the Technical and Financial Evaluation of offer submitted on 07.07.2020 and as per the terms and conditions of the tender KNPE-1&2, the letter of acceptance has been issued to SWPL – GSC JV on 20.11.2020.
- The scope of work include Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Receiving cum Auxiliary Main Sub Stations Including High Voltage Cabling from Grid Substations, 750 Volts DC 3rd Rail Traction System, 33kV Cable Network, ASS, TSS & SCADA System for Corridor-1 & 2 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- As per the tender document, the completion period of the Works is 40 months.
In February this year, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Ltd., had invited open tenders for the electrification works on the corridor-1 & 2 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
Based on general and technical evaluations of bids submitted on 07-07-2020 for the tender, following four (04) bidders qualified for opening of their Financial package in accordance with provisions of the tender document:
- M/s. Larsen and Toubro Limited
- M/s. Siemens Limited
- SWPL — GSC JV
- KEC — Gulermak JV
- Under the aegis of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC), the civil works of the Kanpur Metro project are being executed at a very fast pace and now another major achievement is going to be associated with the project.
- After the inauguration of the civil construction work of the Kanpur Metro project by hon’ble CM of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath on 15th Nov., 2019, UPMRC is executing the Kanpur Metro project with remarkable pace.
- Even during the post lock down period, strategic execution of the UPMRC’s engineers resulted in maintaining the workforce and keeping up the pace of the civil construction of the 9 km long Priority Corridor (IIT to Motijheel), while implementing all the guidelines issued by the governments.
- Besides, Kanpur Metro project has become the first metro project in India where the pre-casted double T-girders are being used for constructing the concourse level of the Metro stations and such innovations are paying quite well in speeding up the project.
- In September this year, the European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a finance contract for the funding of Kanpur Metro Project for Euro 650 million (INR 5551.99 Crore) on 31.08.2020 through a Virtual Signing Ceremony.
- The signing of the Finance Contract has paved way for the sanctioning of loan amount to UPMRC for the construction and execution of Kanpur Metro Project.
Source: UPMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit: UPMRC