The 15.2 Kms doubling of railway line between Sanvordem-Chandorgoa-Madgaon successfully commissioned at 15:15 hours on 10.10.2021. As part of doubling, Non interlocking work has been completed at Sanvordem, Chandor Goa and Madgaon.
- Earlier on 23rd September, Commissioner of Railway Safety, Southern Circle, Bengaluru conducted statutory inspection and Speed trial in Sanvordem-Chandorgoa-Madgaon section.
- Preparatory works have commenced from 25th sept onwards and pre NI work has been taken up from 3rdOctober.
- On successful completion of preparatory works, Non Interlocked work has started on 9th and 10th October 2021.
- The Non-Interlocked Work to commission Double line at Sanvordem started at 09.15 hrs on 09.10.21 and Yard arrangements at Sanvordem with 3 running lines, with State of the Art Electronic Interlocking commissioned.
- Chandorgoa NI works commenced at 9.10 hrs on 09.10.21 and Chandor Goa yard with 3 lines commissioned on signals with state of the Art Electronic Interlocking at 15:15 hrs on 10.10.21.
- RVNL along with Officers and staff of Hubballi Division worked hard to commission the double line.
- As part of doubling, at Madgaon, one new crossover has been laid with a total 163 signal routes.
- At Chandor Goa, 6 points have been laid with 28 signal routes.
- At Sanvordem, 16 points and 3 traps have been laid with 63 signal routes.
- With commissioning of Sanvordem-Chandorgoa-Madgaon doubling, following new facilities have been provided:
- At Madgaon:
- One island platform serving two lines.
- One loop line with water supply arrangements for passenger trains .
- Automatic Signalling between Madgaon to Majorda.
- Four numbers of additional points are laid.
- At Madgaon:
- At Chandor Goa:
- New Station building with covered ramp access has been provided.
- One high level platform has been constructed.
- At San Juje Da Areal:
- New ticket booking counter with a waiting hall has been constructed.
- Two medium level platforms of 540 m length with concrete surface have been constructed.
- At Sanvordem:
- New Station Building has been constructed.
- Island platform serving two lines has been provided.
- Road Under Bridge (Limited Height Subway):
- 3 nos. of new Road Under Passes have been constructed for the convenience of road users at Sanvordem, Chandor Goa and San Juje Da Areal.
Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager, South Western Railway said that commissioning of this double line will improve train mobility in the section as the trains need not wait for crossing.
Source: South Western Railway-Press Release | Image Credit: South Western Railway