New Delhi: Suresh Prabhu, Railway minister, announced a new rail terminal, having world-class facilities, will be set up in Gurugram to reduce the mounting pressure on Delhi.Prabhu Said,”The work on this project will start soon. Besides, Rohtak railway station will be developed as a model station under public-private-partnership (PPP) mode.Prabhu dedicated the newly-electrified rail section between Rohtak-Jind to the people and extended greetings on the occasion of Ram Navami to them. Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar was present on the occasion.
- Also, The minister flagged-off a new DEMU train between Jind-Sonipat through video conference and said tender for Rohtak-Meham-Hansi rail line will be finalised in August and the work is expected to be completed by December-end, 2019.
- Prabhu said that the proposed Rail Coach Factory in Sonipat district would be developed on PPP mode and work on this will start at the earliest.
- Prabhu, informing that electrification work has been completed on about 42% of the total railway network in the state, said, “This figure will be doubled in the next 5 years.”
- Prabhu said, the Indian railways will save Rs 41,000 crore (approx US$ 6,301.4 Million) in coming Ten years by installing solar power plants, wind power plants & LED lights,
- With an aim to promote greenery, 5 crore saplings are also being planted by the railways, he added.
- Investment in railways has increased to Rs 3.5 lakh crore in the last 2-and-a-half years, the Union minister said.
- He said, the present Union government has increased the annual share of Haryana in Railway Budget to Rs 1,247 crore (approx US$ 192 Million) for 2017-18, which was Rs 314 crore (approx US$ 48.3 Million) from 2009-2014.
- Prabhu said, survey work on the 55-kilometer long Yamunanagar-Jagadhari- Kurukshetra-Ladwa link and 65-kilometer on Kaithal to Patiala link has been approved for this fiscal.
- CM Khattar, speaking on the occasion, thanked the railway minister for the new railway projects and said work on elevated rail line on Rohtak to Gohana stretch has already started which would help in decongesting traffic in Rohtak.