The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has issued Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s THANDON INFRASTRUCTURE PVT LTD for the work “Design, Engineering, Supply, Storage, Civil work, Erection of suitable raised structure, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of the 2 MWp Rooftop Solar PV project including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of the project in RESCO Model for a period of 25 years on Staff Quarters and Other RCC Building of DMRC Ltd.”
- Tender No: CE/SPV-08
- Completion period of the work: 12 Months
In January this year, the DMRC invited tenders for the work Contract CE/SPV-08.
General Details of work:
- The Contractor shall set up Solar PV Power Plants at the Roof-tops of Staff Quarters and Other RCC Buildings of DMRC Ltd. as defined in tender and supply the electricity to DMRC after obtaining net metering from DISCOMS where ever applicable and in turn DMRC shall pay only tariff of Rs 3.69 (inclusive of all duties & taxes, insurance etc.) per kWh for 25 years.
- The Contractor shall ensure that SPV modules, parts of structures, other hardware like nuts, bolts etc. are not loosely scattered over the terrace of the building.
- These items must be securely stored in an enclosed room/space where they cannot be affected by winds or such loose materials must be tied properly.
- Further, the Contractor shall ensure that rooftop solar PV system should be designed and installed in such a way that its performance should not be affected due to the problem of water logging at site.
Operation & Maintenance (O&M):
- The bidder shall be responsible for operation and maintenance of the 2 MWp Rooftop Solar PV system for a period of 25 years during which DMRC will monitor the project for effective performance in line with conditions specified elsewhere in the bid document.
- During this period, the bidder shall be responsible for supply of all spare parts as required from time to time for scheduled and preventive maintenance, major overhauling of the plant, replacement of defective modules, inverters, PCU’s etc.
- And maintaining log sheets for operation detail, deployment of staff for continuous operations and qualified engineers for supervision of O&M work, complaint logging & its attending.
- The developer is responsible for the waterproofing of the roof disturbed / pierced for installation of Solar Power System for the whole O&M period (25 Years).
- To ensure the water proofing, a third party inspection jointly with power producers and power purchaser will be conducted annually.
About Thandon Infrastructure Pvt Ltd:
Thandon Infrastructure Pvt Ltd is a newly formed company with a specific focus on Construction jobs related to Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering works for various Organizations. In a short period of one year, the company has proved its presence and has executed works such as Pressure Vessels Fabrication, IBR Piping, Erection works, Utility piping, etc.
- The company has also executed works like around 22. 5 MW solar power projects in Tamilnadu, Telangana states.
- TIPL is also offering consultancy services for Solar Projects. Scope includes identification suitable land, Feasibility study, facilitating Power purchase agreement, Liaison with Statutory bodies to get approvals, Detailed project report preparation, Technical specification preparation, Floating tenders on behalf of clients/promoter companies, Assistance in finalization of main packages, Construction supervision, commissioning assistance etc.
Source: DMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): DMRC