The Uttarakhand Metro Rail Corporation (UKMRC) has invited online responses (Proposals) to this Expression of Interest cum Request for Development of Personalised Rapid Transit (PRT) System in Haridwar city of Uttarakhand called “Haridwar Darshan” under Design Built Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT basis) – (PPP MODEL). The technology of PRT proposed by Applicants must be already in passenger operation for minimum 1 year and on a minimum stretch of 1.5 Km.
- Tender Reference Number: UM-140/EOI Cum RFQ PRT Haridwar/2021-22/01
- Period Of Work(Days): 1095
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 20-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 04-Jun-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 04-Jun-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 20-May-2021
- Haridwar city of Uttarakhand state is situated 250 Km from the national capital of New Delhi. Haridwar city can be comfortably reached by road, train and by air. The nearest airport is “Jolly Grant Airport” 37 Km from Haridwar city.
- The city is situated on the right bank of the Ganga River, at the foothills of the Shivalik ranges.
- Haridwar is regarded as a Holy place for Hindus, hosting important religious events and serving as a gateway to several prominent places of worship-Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, Yamnotri, Hemkund Sahib, Joshi Math etc. and major tourist attraction point- Flower Valley, Aulli, etc. People often visit Haridwar to perform ritualistic bath in Har Ki Pauri.
- Today, the city is developing beyond its religious importance, with the fast-developing industrial estate of State Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand (SIDCUL), the close by township of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited as well as its affiliated ancillaries.
- As per the Haridwar Master plan, the total population in the Haridwar planning area in year 2025 is expected to be 7.70 lakhs which includes the population living in the city, its suburbs and adjoining villages.
Proposed PRT Corridors:
|Sr.No||PRT Corridor||Length (km)|
|1||Sitapur –Bharat mata Temple||14.0|
|2||City Hospital –Daksha Temple||3.0|
|3||Ganeshpuram- DAV School||2.0|
|4||Valmiki Chowk –Laltaro Bridge||0.65|
The PRT corridors are mainly on the Major roads of the city and are planned to be elevated within the Right of way (ROW) on the central verge of the roads.
Alternate Analysis Study – Corridor Selection:
Alternative analysis for first, second and third order Corridors identified in CMP has been done in this study. Tis study has brought out the best route and has also recommended the technology or system best suited for the corridor. The AAR has recommended the PRT system on Sitapur to Har ki Pauri via railway station corridor: The AAR is accessible through link https://www.ukmrc.org/reports.html.
Important Location and places of interest in Haridwar city:
Following are the places of visitor’s/Tourist interest, which either exists along or have connectivity from the proposed corridor –
- Har Ki Pauri: The Har Ki Pauri is the most famous ghat in Haridwar. This is the Ghat where the daily Aart ritual of river Ganga is performed, and it is attended by a large no of devotees. A temple is built around a large foot mark which is believed to be the imprints of Lord Vishnu. Budget and Luxury hotels are located near the Har ki Pauri to provide comfortable accommodation to all types of visitors and guests visiting Haridwar.
- Mansa Devi: A standout amongst the most visited temples in Haridwar, Mansa Devi Mandir is situated on top of the Shivalik slopes. This temple is connected by ropeway situated near PRT Station mansa devi ropeway gate
- Chandi Devi: Chandi Devi Temple, located on the top of Neel Parvat, is one of the major tourist attractions in Haridwar city. A passenger ropeway project is about to start connecting Har Ki Pauri to Chandi Devi Temple.
- Daksha Mahadev Temple: This temple is located near to the proposed PRT station Kankhal.
- Sapt Rishi Ashram: This location is near to the proposed PRT station “Bharat Mata Mandir”.
- Maya Devi: This location is near to the proposed PRT station “Valmiki Chowk”.
- Bhimgoda Tank: The sacred tank gets its name from Bhima, the second of the five Pandava siblings and an incredible character of the Hindu epic Mahabharat. This location is near to proposed PRT station at “Har Ki Pauri”
- Bharat Mata Mandir: Bharat Mata Mandir is a multi-storey temple dedicated to Bharat Mata (Mother India). This location is near to the proposed PRT station “Bharat Mata Mandir”
- Makarvahini Temple: This temple was established by Jayandra Saraswati, Shankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti, a few decades ago. The temple is built in South-Indian influence and the location is near to the proposed PRT station “Laltaro Pul”.
- Shopping: There are various places of interest for shopping and leisure in the proximity of the proposed PRT route like Bara Bazar, Moti Bazar, Upper Road, Ranipur Mor, and Jwalapur. These shopping area falls along proposed PRT corridor.
Interested Applicants are required to download the EOI cum RFQ document from website https://uktender.gov.in.