IRCON International Limited has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s. Usman Constructions for Execution of P-way / Civil works with Transportation of rails, sleepers, fitting, fastening etc. from Nowgam /Kazigund store along with supply of materials from RDSO approved firm including Laying & Linking of Track at Banihal station yard in Banihal-Arpinchala section and Badgam Station of USBRL Project J&K. (Package: P-Way & Civil Works/Banihal).
- Tender No.: IRCON/JKCELL/JAT/14/1014/K B/PWay Civil/BNL/R1/519
- Name of work: Execution of P-way / Civil works with Transportation of rails, sleepers, fitting, fastening etc. from Nowgam /Kazigund store along with supply of materials from RDSO approved firm including Laying & Linking of Track at Banihal station yard in Banihal-Arpinchala section and Badgam Station of USBRL Project J&K. (Package: P-Way & Civil Works/Banihal)
- Accepted Contract Amount: Approx. 2.17 Crore
- Work Completion Period (in days): 150 Days
In February this year, IRCON invited a tender for Tender Number: IRCON/JKCELL/JAT/14/1014/K B/PWay Civil/BNL/R1/519
Scope of Work:
- Execution of Civil work like Cleaning and Grabbing (C&G), Supply and laying of Blanketing, Ballast etc.
- Supply of all P-Way item, rail fitting, fastening etc. from RDSO Approved firm.
- Transportation of Rail, Sleepers and fitting items from IRCON store at Nawgam and Qazigund to work site including Loading unloading stacking etc. complete.
- Execution of P-way works as per drawing, specification and BOQ.
- Execution of all allied / ancillary works and the work incidental to main works shall be carried out as per code and practices, manuals, specifications and instructions of Engineer-in-charge as and when required.
- The work is to be carried in Banihal and Badgam station yard. there may be difficulty in transportation of materials/working. The contractor shall carry out the work safely and no unsafe practice shall be followed. the tenderers are expected to take into account above factors while quoting the rates.
General Description of Site Area:
- The alignment traverses through steeply sloping, highly undulating hill slopes of younger Himalayas.
- The regional Geology and tectonic framework of the area indicates that the region is capable of generating earthquake. The area falls in seismic zone-V of Indian standard seismic zoning map of the country. No claim regarding bad climatic condition shall be entertained doing cording of contract.
- The J&K, the union territory of India, climatically is distinctly divided in two parts namely the Jammu region & the valley region. The climate in the project area for most parts of the year is temperate. During the winter season the minimum temperature drops down below zero degree and snowfall in the project area is quite predominant.
- The rainfall in the project area is affected by western disturbances from December to May.
- While there is rainfall throughout the year in the valley, March is generally the wettest month and November is the driest. The CONTRACTOR is advised to satisfy himself by his actual inspection of the site and also ascertain for himself the climatic condition records from state government and/or Indian Meteorological Department before submitting the tender.
Technical Eligibility Criteria:
The Contractor should possess the experience of having successfully completed similar works during the last 7-years (ending last day of the month previous to the one in which tenders are invited) which should be anyone of the following:
- Three similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of estimated cost.
- Two similar completed works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of estimated cost.
- One similar completed work costing not less than the amount equal to 65% of estimated cost.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
Source: IRCON-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR