The RITES Ltd. has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Vaibhav Construction Company for the work of “Supply, erection, Testing Commissioning of 25 KV OHE and other miscellaneous railway track works at Existing Govinda Railway siding at Jamuna-Kotama Area of M/s SECL on branch line between Anuppur and Chirimiri railway station on SECR. Dist Anuppur”
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/GM/NGP/SECL/Govinda/OHE Track Work/T-05-21
- Name of Work: Supply, erection, Testing Commissioning of 25 KV OHE and other miscellaneous railway track works at Existing Govinda Railway siding at Jamuna-Kotama Area of M/s SECL on branch line between Anuppur and Chirimiri railway station on SECR. Dist Anuppur.
- Awarded Value: INR 2.38 Crore
- Work Completion Period (in days): 270
In May this year, RITES had invited a tender for Tender Reference Number: RITES/GM/NGP/SECL/Govinda/OHE Track.
Brief Scope of Work:
The scope of work under this contract broadly covers the following: OHE
- Preparation and Approval of LOP/Sectioning Diagram/PSI.
- Supply Erection testing commissioning of 25 KV single phase Conventional Type OHE
- for 2.5 TKM (Approx) in the SECL Govinda Siding.
- Erection of OHE on line No. 1 and Modification of Existing OHE on line 2.
- Preparation of As erected drawings and furnishing 6 copies and 2 RTF of each drawing
- after approval.
- Co-ordination with SECR and SECL Bsp
- Obtaining EIG sanction from SECR
- Any other Related Works.
- Re-grading of track of around 1 KM by lifting through ballast and all associated works
- for fixing of weigh bridge by SECL.
- Renewal of 2 no’s – 1 in 8.5 points and all associated works.
- Supply of ballast, deep screening of track and earthwork in excavation for formation,
- Supply of P-way materials as per BOQ etc.
- Any other related Civil Works.
Execution of OHE works:
The overhead electrification (OHE) works shall be done as per the standard and specifications of AC traction Manual of Indian Railways under the supervision of RITES with co-ordination of M/s. SECL.
- OHE ladder trolleys shall be used with caution and shall not be put on tracks until traffic block is provided by M/s. SECL / Railway staff in writing. For power block similar written permission shall be obtained from an authorized staff of Sr.DEE/TRD/SEC Railways, Nagpur brought at site by the OHE contractor from OHE depot as and when power block is required. Such OHE authorized staff shall be given conveyance to go back to OHE depot, after cancellation of power block by the OHE contractor.
- During the OHE stringing operation every care shall be taken to prevent conductors hanging low over tracks on which traffic block has not been taken.
- All stay bracket 9 tone insulators procured by OHE contractor as per schedule shall be got tested at Running Repair Depot of Sr.DEE/TRD/SEC Railway, BSP before erection as per standing orders of CEE/SEC Railway BSP. The cost of such a test shall be borne by the agency along including the cost of transportation to site and vice-a-versa.
- Detailed specification of the above items of stores shall be followed as per the explanatory notes of this tender document.
- The OHE materials shall be procured only from the approved manufacturers / suppliers of RDSO/Lucknow and CORE/Allahabad duly inspected by RITES Inspection Wing.
- Erection of OHE works shall be executed on existing / newly laid running yard lines under the traffic block shutdown, caution notice. Contractor shall quote their rate accordingly and the quoted rate shall cover all additional cost arising there from if any.
- After receipt of work order , the contractor shall peg mark and prepare the OHE layout plan, SED’s and CSD’s for the approval by Railways through RITES. The contractor shall access the quantities required for entire works and prepare modified schedules of quantities for approval of RITES(P) prior to procurement of OHE materials to be used in the section.
Source: RITES-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): MoR