The IRCON International Limited (IRCON) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/S VEE KAY CONSTRUCTIONS for Construction of RSS Control Building, Equipment Foundations, Approach Road, Boundary Wall, Services & other ancillary works etc at Murad Nagar (LOT-P19 L2) and Sahibabad/Ghaziabad (LOT-P19 L1) in connection to Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Tender Ref No.: IRCON/ELECT/5037 5038 NCRTC RSS CIVIL /6
- Name of work: Construction of RSS Control Building, Equipment Foundations, Approach Road, Boundary Wall, Services & other ancillary works etc at Murad Nagar (LOT-P19 L2) and Sahibabad/Ghaziabad (LOT-P19 L1) in connection to Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Contract Value: INR 10.55 Crores
- Work Completion Period (in days): 242
Recently, The IRCON International Limited (IRCON) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s. Furrer + Frey AG for Detailed Design Engineering and Supply of Rigid Overhead Equipment (ROCS – Rigid Overhead Contact System) at design speed of 180 kmph for Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Receiving Sub Stations [including 25 kV AC Traction cum 33 kV Auxiliary Main Sub Stations], Extra High Voltage & High Voltage cabling, 25 kV Overhead Equipment (FOCS/ROCS), Auxiliary Power Supply [including Auxiliary Sub Station], SCADA Systems, Operational Control Centre and Associated works on Viaduct & Tunnel for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC (Lot 1 & Lot 2).
- Tender No.: IRCON/ELECT/5037-5038/NCRTC/ST/ROCS/5
- Completion Period: 1550 days
- Awarded Value of Contract: EURO 2,321,000.01/- (Euro Two Million Three Hundred Twenty One Thousand and One Cent Only) and USD .748,169.99/ (US Dollar Seven Hundred Forty Eight Thousand One Hundred Seventy and Ninety Nine Cents Only)
- NCRTC has geared up construction activities on India’s first Regional Rail between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.
- Superstructures are now visible on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Foundation work for the RRTS viaduct near Dharamshila Marg, New Ashok Nagar in Delhi has already started.
- In this 4.3 km elevated section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, there will be the construction of a viaduct from Sarai Kale Khan RRTS Station to New Ashok Nagar Down ramp, including Jangpura entry ramp to the stabling yard, Jangpura.
- Two elevated RRTS stations, namely Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar, will also be constructed, including a bridge over the Yamuna River.
- The RRTS will have a total length of 82.15 km (68.03 km elevated and 14.12 km underground) with 25 stations.
- It will have a design speed of 180 km per hour, maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour and high-frequency operations, which will reduce the journey time from Delhi to Meerut to 60 minutes.
Source: IRCON-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC