During the crisis arisen due to Covid-19 and continuing with this noble cause, Western Railway is taking all best possible efforts to ensure uninterrupted supply of essential commodities. Western Railway has crossed the Rs 150 crore mark in overall Parcel Revenue during the current financial year. This could be made possible due to the able guidance and dynamic leadership of Shri Alok Kansal- General Manager of Western Railway. The team of officers and staff were encouraged to perform their best to achieve this feat.
- WR is constantly exploring new avenues for quick and seamless transportation of essentials to contribute in a big way to the socio economic development of the country.
- WR is always at the forefront to serve the nation and its people and thereby accelerating the progress of our country.
- According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur- Western Rly’s Chief Public Relations Officer, WR recently crossed the Rs 150 crore mark fetching revenue through overall parcel booking, to the tune of Rs 150.73 Crore from 1st April, 2020 to 13th February, 2021.
- Shri Thakur further stated that Western Railway has done laudable work by loading 31316 rakes of goods trains from 22nd March, 2020 to 14th Feb, 2021.
- The loading included various essential commodities amounting to 69.65 Million Tonnes to different states of the country, including North East region.
- In addition to this Millennium Parcel Van and Milk Tank Wagons containing various essential commodities such as medicine, medical kits, frozen food, milk powder and liquid milk were loaded to the Northern & North East region.
- Total 64619 Freight trains were interchanged with other Railways including 32,309 trains handed over and 32,310 trains taken over at different interchange points of Western Railway.
- In addition to above goods traffic, since 23rd March to 14th Feb, 2021, commodities weighing more than 2.58 lakh tonnes have been transported by Western Rly through its 898 parcel special trains, which mainly included agricultural produce, medicines, fish, milk etc.
- The revenue generated through this transportation has been approx. Rs 90.92 crore.
- During this period, 166 milk special trains were run by Western Rly, with a load of more than 1.24 lakh tonnes and 100% utilization of the wagons.
- Similarly, 590 Covid-19 special parcel trains with a load of more than 73 thousand tonnes were also run to transport various essential commodities.
- In addition to this, 104 indented rakes carrying approx. 47 thousand tonnes were also run with almost 100% utilization.
- 38 Kisan Rails have also been operated.
- WR has scheduled to run various timetabled Parcel special trains to different parts of the country.
- On 15th February, 2021, one milk special left from Palanpur to Hind Terminal.
Source: Western Railway-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway