Share with your network
Western Railway has successfully undertaken various infrastructural upgradation and augmentation works for the convenience of passengers.
- In continuation to this, a new Foot Over Bridge has been commissioned at Charni Road station, for the convenience as well as safety of passengers.
- According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur – Chief Public Relations Officer, Western Railway, the new middle FOB at Charni Road is 38.3 m long and 6 m wide. It connects PF Nos. 1 & 4 with MCGM skywalk on the east side.
- The new Middle FOB has been commissioned on replacement account and has been constructed at a cost of Rs. 4.5 crore. The old FOB was closed to the public for dismantling in October, 2021. The launching of the old FOB was done on 24.02.2022 and the new FOB has been commissioned for public on 27th February, 2023.
- Shri Thakur stated that with this new FOB, total 13 FOBs have been commissioned in the financial year 2022-23 between Churchgate & Dahanu Road, taking the total to 146 FOBs.
- The FOBs commissioned this year are at Virar, Nallasopara, Naigaon, Bhayandar, Andheri, Santacruz, Khar Road, Dadar, Grant Road, Matunga Road and Charni Road stations, including two skywalks viz.
- Andheri Skywalk and another one connecting Bandra Terminus to the suburban network at Khar Road station. These efforts will go a long way to control the menace of trespassing as well as combat the problems such as overcrowding on bridges, etc.
- Western Railway urges its valued customers to care for their precious life and not to trespass railway tracks. Always use FOB, Subway, Escalators & Lifts to crossover and change platforms.
Source: Western Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Western Railway
Be the first to comment