Western Railway’s Bhavnagar Terminus has recently been given a facelift after the stations had been taken up for redevelopment. With an aim to provide better passenger amenities, WR is constantly striving to do its best for its customers.
- Under the able guidance and directives of Shri Alok Kansal – General Manager of Western Railway, some of the stations of WR, have been taken up for soft upgradation to enhance passenger amenities.
- Few of the stations which have already been upgraded recently over WR, are Valsad, Vadodara, Rajkot & Ratlam and further in this series, now the most recent Bhavnagar Terminus has been added.
- According to a press release issued by Shri Sumit Thakur- Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Rly, Bhavnagar Terminus station building has been redeveloped by giving it a contemporary look which is a pleasing sight, for not just the passengers using the terminus, but also for the surrounding areas.
- Bhavnagar Terminus has been revamped recently with a ground plus one structure and has been given a facelift with modern waiting rooms, better toilet facilities, proper parking areas, newly built ticket booking office, etc. along with green initiative of a beautiful vertical garden.
- Shri Thakur said that the redevelopment of Bhavnagar station was done at a cost of Rs 8.72 crore.
- An open waiting hall with a vertical garden has been provided at the station.
- Outside the station building, a landscape has been made which is not only beautiful, but also advocates for a green environment.
- For better passenger circulation, additional entry and exit gates have been provided.
- The parking area too has been extended.
- Parking space for Two wheeler has been increased by 40% and for four wheeler by 20%.
- Keeping the passengers comfort in mind, amenities like lift, air conditioned waiting hall separate for ladies and gents has been provided.
- The Passenger Reservation Centre too has been shifted for the benefit of passengers.
- For the safety of passengers, a luggage scanner has been installed at Bhavnagar Terminus.
- All provisions are being made available for a comfortable passenger experience.
- ISO certificate 14001:2015 for Environment Management System has also been awarded to Bhavnagar Terminus along with Veraval, Junagadh, Botad and Porbandar stations for cleanliness.
Source: Western Railway-Press Release