Indian Steel Association (ISA) on Tuesday ( May 19, 2020 ) , appointed Mr. Dilip Oommen as its new President with immediate effect. ISA said in a statement,”Dilip Oommen, CEO, Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel India has taken over as President of ISA.”
- This was decided in the Extra Ordinary Board Meeting of ISA, which was held on May 19, 2020.
- The meeting was called to decide on the leadership of the association after Tata Steel CEO – Mr. T V Narendran stepped down as President on May 1.
- Mr. Oommen was unanimously appointed as President for the next 2 years with immediate effect, and his 2-year tenure ends in May 2022.
Past Presidents of ISA include:
- Mr. T. V. Narendran, CEO and MD , Tata Steel
- Mr. Sajjan Jindal, Chairman , JSW Group
- Mr. C. S. Verma , Former Chairman , SAIL
Profile of Mr. Dilip Oommen :
Mr. Dilip Oommen, CEO, Arcelor Mittal-Nippon Steel India Ltd (AM/NS India), is a veteran of the steel industry with more than 37 years of experience and an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He was appointed CEO AM/NS India (formerly Essar Steel) in December 2019. He joined Essar Steel in 2003 as chief operating officer and has a deep understanding of the company and its operations across India. He progressed through senior leadership positions across the company and was appointed Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer in 2019.
Profile of Indian Steel Association :
The Indian Steel Association (ISA), represents all the major Public Sector and Private Sector Steel Enterprises of India. ISA comprises all the major Public Sector and Private Sector steel enterprises of India. Its Full Members are the integrated steel producers, i.e. those with a production capacity of 2 MTPA and above: SAIL, RINL, TATA Steel, JSW, JSPL, ESSAR Steel, Bhushan Steel and Tata Steel BSL. It also has seven Affiliate Members, namely, Monnet Ispat and Energy Ltd, INSDAG (Institute for Steel Development and Growth), KISMA (Karnataka Iron and Steel Manufacturer’s Association), Jindal Stainless Limited, Arjas Steel Ltd and Electro Steel Steels Limited
Established in August 2014, ISA has interacted closely with Ministry of Steel, and other Ministries and Govt. Departments.
Reference : ISA – Press Release