The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has begun work on a new underground Metro line 7A. The new line covers a total of length 3.1 km, out of which 2.1 km will be underground and connects Metro Line 7 with CSIA (Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport).
- This project will also include a twin-tunnel.
- The underground tunnels will be built using the cut-and-cover method, where an entire road will be taken up for digging and reinstated after the work is completed.
- It is said that this Metro line will take an elevated route from Andheri East to Airport Colony.
- The line will be underground until it reaches the airport station.
- The metro line 7A will have two stations.
- This will be the second underground Metro line in the city, after the Colaba-Bandra-Seepz Metro line 3.