Share with your network
ABB India said it has bagged two significant orders worth Rs 191 crore to supply traction equipment for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, and industrial drives to Megha Engineering and Infrastructures. Both these components will be produced at ABB’s Nelamangala facility in Bengaluru, in line with its commitment to the ‘Make in India’ initiative, the company said.
- The facility includes one of the largest factories for locomotive applications and one of the four global shop-floors for medium voltage drives located in Southern India.
- ABB India will supply traction equipment worth Rs 123 crore to Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, which is the manufacturing unit of Indian Railways.
- The state-of-the-art traction converters will help improve rail operator’s efficiency, thereby supporting sustainable transportation in India.
- “ABB technology is always striving to drive sustainable and meaningful progress for the future. We feel privileged to continue contributing towards sustainable transportation with our best-in-class solutions for electrification of the Indian rail network,” said Sanjeev Sharma, Managing Director, ABB India.
- In 2019, ABB India had won an order from the Indian Railways to supply traction converters worth Rs 270 crore, the company said.
Be the first to comment