IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation), Kolkata announces the run of first Bharat Gaurav Special Tourist Train originating from Jharkhand to Dakshin Bharat Darshan on 25.10.23 from Godda.
- Bharat Gaurav is the first such tourism special train for the travel enthusiast and it is in line with the Government of India’s initiative “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” and “Dekho Apna Desh”‘ The Special Tourist Train shall cover Tirupati-Meenakshi Mandir-Rameswaram-Kanyakumari-Trivandrum.
- The Train will commence the spiritual journey from Godda Station and will continue the pilgrim experience for 11 nights and 12 days. Bhagalpur, Kahalgaon, Sahibganj, Barharwa, Pakur, RampurHat, Bolpur Shantiniketan, Barddhaman, Kolkata, Kharagpur, Balasore, Bhadrakh, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road Junction stations have been identified for passenger boarding and deboarding.
- Shri Zafar Azam, Group General Manager/IRCTC in presence of Shri Kausik Mitra Chief Public Relations Officer/Eastern Railway have briefed Press and Media in connection with launching of Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train for Dakshin Bharat Darshan from Godda at CPRO/Eastern Railway’s Office at Koilaghat on 6th September 2023.
- The package has been classified into Three (03) categories- Economy (SL class) with 580 seats, Standard class (3AC) with 70 seats, and Comfort class (3AC) with 140 seats. Economy class includes accommodation in non-Ac budget hotels, whereas Standard and Comfort category involves Accommodation in AC Hotels.
- The Wash & change and Transportation by bus shall be Non-AC for both Economy & Standard class but AC room for wash & change and AC buses shall be applicable only for Comfort class. Standard Vegetarian Menu shall be followed for all the classes during the entire trip.
- Apart from these services, the Train will have professional Tour Escorts, Housekeeping staff, Unarmed Security, Surveillance Cameras, PA system and Travel insurance for the safety and security of all passengers. All these services will be provided at an affordable cost of ₹21,300/- pp (Economy), ₹33,300/- pp (Standard), ₹36,400/-pp (Comfort).
- Indian Railways is offering approximately 33% concession for promotion of Rail Tourism under Bharat Gaurav Train scheme. The above price is inclusive of the concession.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): South Central Railway