Alstom has started production of the ultramodern, light-weight Movia metro passenger trains for the Bhopal and Indore metro projects.
- As per the contract awarded by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) in July 2022, Alstom will design, manufacture, supply, install, test, and commission 156 Movia metro cars with 15 years of comprehensive maintenance.
- This project will benefit over 5.7 million people of both these cities. Of the 52 trainsets of 3-car configuration each, 27 train sets will be for Bhopal and 25 train sets for Indore.
- These trains are capable of operating at a top speed of 80 km/h, across the 31 km line in Bhopal with 30 stations and the 31.5 km line in Indore with 29 stations. This is the second such combined order in India for Alstom, after the Agra-Kanpur metro projects.
- Shri Bhupendra Singh, Hon’ble Minister, Urban Development & Housing, Government of Madhya Pradesh and Shri Neeraj Mandloi (IAS), Principal Secretary, Urban Development & Housing Department virtually joined the commencement ceremony that took place in the presence of Shri Manish Singh (IAS), Managing Director, MPMRCL and other senior officials from MPMRCL and Olivier Loison, Managing Director Alstom India, at Alstom’s state-of-the-art rolling stock manufacturing facility in Savli (Gujarat).
Speaking at the occasion, Mr. Bhupendra Singh, Hon’ble Minister, Urban Development & Housing, Government of Madhya Pradesh said, “I congratulate both Alstom and MPMRCL teams on this milestone. We trust the expertise that Alstom brings in and look forward to having the trains with world-class technology run in the cities of Indore and Bhopal soon.”
Mr. Olivier Loison, Managing Director, Alstom India said “Alstom is committed to providing a world-class efficient and sustainable mass transport system that caters to the special needs of the residents of the cities of Bhopal & Indore. We have designed these trains in record time and are commencing 100% indigenous manufacturing at Savli. Alstom is a proud partner in India’s transition towards green and clean public mobility and we are honoured to collaborate with MPMRCL for this prestigious project”.
- Valued at €387 million (over INR 3200 crores), the order includes installation of the latest generation of Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) signalling system as well as train control and telecommunication systems; each with seven years of comprehensive maintenance.
- Alstom India has a history of successfully delivering world-class metro trains for major cities, including Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Lucknow, Kochi in India and internationally for Sydney, Queensland, and Montreal.
- With six industrial sites, four engineering centres, and over 10,000 employees, Alstom has a strong footprint in India to cater to domestic as well as several international projects.
- The company is currently manufacturing metro trains for Agra-Kanpur, and Mumbai Metro Line 3, and modern train sets for India’s first semi high-speed Delhi-Meerut RRTS project.
- Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide sustainable foundations for the future of transportation.
- From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, Alstom offers its diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry.
- 150,000 vehicles in commercial service worldwide attest to the company’s proven expertise in project management, innovation, design and technology. In 2022, the company was included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, World and Europe, for the 12th consecutive time.
- Headquartered in France and present in 70 countries, Alstom employs more than 74,000 people. The Group posted revenues of €15.5 billion for the fiscal year ending on 31 March 2022.
About Alstom in India:
- Alstom is the only multinational sustainable mobility provider in India, to have a comprehensive portfolio of offerings to meet customer specific needs, from cost-efficient mass-market platforms to high-end technological innovations.
- Synonymous with the country’s ‘Rail Revolution’, Alstom continues to be a strategic partner in supporting India’s freight revolution and passenger movement.
- With 6 industrial sites and 4 major engineering centres, the company not only caters to domestic project needs, but also delivers for many international projects. Supporting the government’s modernization initiatives, Alstom has been at the forefront of introducing several breakthrough technologies in India with world class rolling stock, rail equipment & infrastructure, signalling and services.
- Fully aligned with the country’s vision of Make-in-India and Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Alstom remains deeply committed to strengthening its local sourcing and supply chain ecosystem.
Source: Alstom- Press Release | Image Credit: Alstom
Be the first to comment