The Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to Ashoka Buildcon Limited for the work ‘Gauge Conversion of Bechraji (63.83 KM)-Ranuj (101.983 KM) Section, Total Length of 38.153 KM Metre Gauge to Broad Gauge with 25 KV AC Electrification in Ahmedabad Division of Western Railway’.
- Tender No.: GRIDE/BRCL/EPC/2020-21/002
- Name of work: Gauge Conversion of Bechraji (63.83 KM)-Ranuj (101.983 KM) Section, Total Length of 38.153 KM Metre Gauge to Broad Gauge with 25 KV AC Electrification in Ahmedabad Division of Western Railway.
- Contract Value: INR 333.625 Crore
About the project:
- The State Government has pursued the Ministry of Railways to complete the gauge conversion of all the rail tracks in the state as early as possible.
- This project of Katosan road – Becharaji – Chanasma – Ranuj (65.10km) Gauge Conversion from Meter gauge to Broad Gauge is one of the parts of it.
- At present a broad gauge railway line connecting Viramgam with Mehsana passes through the MBSIR at Detroj.
- A connecting meter gauge line from Katosan to Ranuj passes through Becharaji.
- Immediate demand anticipated for connectivity from Katosan to Becharaji; from the upcoming plant of Maruti Suzuki.
- As the MBSIR develops and growth of industry in the surrounding there would be increased demand for other phases of the project encompassing Katosan to Ranuj.
- This proposed line shall also cater to GIDC’s upcoming Japanese Business Park and Vagosan Special Investment Region etc.
- GRIDE seeks the services of a consultancy firm to establish the technical viability of the project and prepare a detailed project report for rehabilitation and upgrading of the existing Meter gauge line to Broad gauge line.
For the development of Viable Railway Projects including projects with Viability Gap Funding, Government of Gujarat and Ministry of Railways have signed a Joint Venture Agreement on 17th August 2016 to form a JV Company which would develop railway projects by itself or through an SPV’s.
- Consequently, a JV Company namely Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE) has been incorporated under the provision of the Companies Act, 2013, on 6th January 2017 with equity contribution of 51% and 49% from Government of Gujarat (GOG) and Ministry of Railway(MOR) respectively.
- G-RIDE has a mission to develop and augment critical Railway Development projects, enhance capacity of High-Density Network and provide last mile railway connectivity with main railway line of the State with high standards of safety and efficiency by adopting the best technological practices, sound financial strategy and optimum utilization of resources through implementing large capacity creation programs.
About Ashoka Buildcon Limited:
Ashoka Buildcon Ltd. is one of the leading highway developers in India. The Company is an integrated EPC, BOT & HAM player. It has a portfolio of 39 PPP projects, which is the largest in number by any private player in India.
- Besides construction of highways and bridges the company is also engaged in Power Transmission and Distribution on EPC basis.
- Ashoka has worked in over 21 states across the country, and completed prestigious projects for Central as well as State Governments.
- Overseas it is constructing a road network for Housing Development Corporation in the Republic of Maldives.
- The company is one of the first Indian infrastructure companies to be certified for Integrated Management Systems, which encompasses ISO certification for Quality, Occupational Health and Safety and Environment.
- Ashoka Buildcon is strengthened with a strong talent pool of technical as well as support staff.
- It’s strong financials give it the ability to bid and execute large scale projects.
- Ashoka Buildcon Ltd. is listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Source: Ashoka Buildcon Limited-BSE | Image Credit (representational): MoR