Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a Joint Venture of Government of Karnataka (GoK) and Government of India (Gol), has invited sealed Tenders (Single Stage – Two Cover System) through Local Competitive Bidding (LCB) from eligible Manufacturers or Indian subsidiary of the manufacturer or authorized Indian manufacturer of the OEM as a sole Tenderer or as a Joint Venture/ Consortium (group) for “Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of Electric Bogie Tractors for Whitefield, Hebbagodi and Kothanur Depots of BMRCL Phase-II Project”.
- Tender No.: BMRCL/WHTD, HBGD & KTND/M&P-L19
- Name of work: Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of Electric Bogie Tractors for Whitefield, Hebbagodi and Kothanur Depots of BMRCL Phase-ll Project.
- Sale Start Date: 02/08/2021
- Sale End Date: 23/08/2021
- Date of Pre-bid Meeting: 30/08/2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarification: 26/08/2021
- Date and Time of Opening: 21/09/2021
Description of the project:
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of Government of Karnataka (GoK) and Government of India for implementing Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- BMRCL Phase-I network comprises of Purple and Green Lines spanning a total length of 42.30 Km of which about 8.82 Km is underground and about 33.48 Km is elevated.
- There are 40 stations in Phase-I, of which 7 stations are underground, 1 station at grade and 32 stations are elevated.
- BMRCL Phase-II spans a length of 72.095 km – 13.79 km underground, 0.48 km at grade and 57.825 km elevated and adds 61 stations to the network, of which 12 stations are underground.
- Phase-II network comprises of extensions to Purple Line (East-West) between Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield (R1 Extn of 15.5 Km) with a depot at Whitefield (also known as Kadugodi) on the Eastern end and Mysore Road to Chellagatta (R2 Extn of 6.1 Km) with a depot at Chellagatta on the Western end of the corridor.
- Similarly, the extension to the Green Line (North-South) comprises of stations between Nagasandra and BIEC (R3 Extn of 4 Km) on the Northern side of the corridor and between Yelachenahalli to Silk Institute (R4 Extn of 6 Km) with a depot at Anjanapura on the Southern end of the corridor.
- Further two new lines are being added between RV Road to Bommasandra (R5 of 18.8Km) with a depot at Hebbagodi and between Gottigere to Nagawara (R6 of 21.2 Km) with a depot at Kothanur.
Source of Funds:
- BMRCL Project is financed partly through equity participation by Government of India (Gol) & Government of Karnataka (GoK) and partly through loans from Agence Francaise De Development (AFD), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and European Investment Bank (EIB), local Banks/Financial Institutions and other External Agencies.
- However, this Local Competitive Bidding (LCB) for “Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of Electric Bogie Tractors for Whitefield, Hebbagodi and Kothanur Depots of BMRCL Phase-II Projects” is not External Agencies funded and hence will not require their concurrence.
Scope of work:
- The brief scope of work in this document comprises Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing and commissioning of Fully Electric Bogie Tractors for Whitefield (also known as Kadugodi), Hebbagodi and Kothanur Depots of BMRCL Phase-II Project as per Technical Specifications including supply of tools, supply of software, supply of manuals, training of BMRCL personnel along with supply of spares, consumables and maintenance during 2 years of Defect Liability Period (DLP) and Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract (CAMC) for a period of 5 years after Defect Liability Period (DLP).
- The Contractor shall also carry out effective interface and coordination including integrated testing and commissioning of Electric Bogie Tractors with the relevant Authorities and designated Contractors and others appointed by the Purchaser from time to time, during the Contract Period.
- The Contractor shall carry out all statutory tests and trials on Electric Bogie Tractors necessary for obtaining sanction of Competent I statutory Authorities for operating the System. The detailed scope of work is further described in Technical Specifications
Tenderers can download Tender document from BMRCL website www.bmrc.co.in
Source: BMRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL