In continuation to the tender for supply of Automation System for Welding of Container, Braithwaite & Co. Limited has now invited Expression of Interest (EOI) is invited for empanelment of firms for joint participation in tenders and / or execution of jobs related to Renewable Energy Projects as per EOI conditions.
- EOI No: BCL/PUR/EOI/Solar/2020-21
- Name of work: Expression of Interest (EOI) is invited for empanelment of firms for joint participation in tenders and / or execution of jobs related to Renewable Energy Projects as per EOI conditions.
Intention of this EOI:
- Braithwaite & Co. Ltd., (BCL) intends to diversify its business activities into the area of Renewable Energy Project related jobs.
- For this purpose for effective participation in different tenders & subsequent execution, this Expression of Interest (EOI) is being invited for empanelment of vendors.
- The jobs in general shall comprise the same against scope of work of different tenders of prospective customers to be participated by BCL either on individual capacity or on JV / Consortium with the empanelled vendor(s).
- Accordingly, job & location of jobs will vary on case to case basis.However, the broad nature of work may be Design, Manufacturing/Procurement & supply, Construction, Erection & Commissioning, Operation, Maintenance, Training etc.
- Any or Part or All these activities may be in the scope of the vendor.
Mode of Ordering:
- Based on responses to be received against this EOI, BCL shall shortlist the qualified bidders and make a panel.
- In the event of receipt of orders from customers against tender participation by BCL on individual capacity, execution will be taken up through selection of party by limited tendering amongst empanelled vendors.
- However, in respect of joint participation in tenders of customers & execution thereof, Consortium / JV agreement with the selected firm as per discretion of BCL from empanelled vendors will be executed separately for different tenders judging the scope and tender clauses case to case basis on mutually agreed terms and conditions.
- Based on the response received against this EOI, BCL shall shortlist the qualified parties for making a panel of vendors for subsequent processes as mentioned in Para “Mode of Ordering”. The decision of BCL with regard to short listing shall be final & binding to all parties.
- Eligible bidders may be a PSU or a limited company or a proprietorship firm or a partnership firm. Documents are to be attached along with the offer. Consortium bids are allowed (Please see the Para for conditions of Consortium bids).
- Bidder should have average annual turnover of Rs 40 crore in last 3 years ending on 31.03.2020
- Bidders should have a minimum positive net worth of Rs 10 crore as on 31.03.2020.
- Bidders should have achieved net profit in any of the last 3 years ending on 31.03.2020.
- Bidders should also have capacity for investment of Rs. 50 Crore for execution in projects. For this purpose, Bidders should submit Solvency Certificates form their banker in original to this effect.
Bidder shall submit copy of Audited Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss Accounts for last 3 years apart from Solvency Certificate for complying all above Financial Eligibility criteria i.e. Sr No 1 to 4 for qualification for empanelment.
- Bidders should be a MNRE empanelled System Integrator for Off-Grid and On-Grid projects.
- Bidder should have been empanelled with CREDA as System Integrator and Supplier of Structures.
- Bidders should have Class-A registration with the PWD department of any state.
- Bidders should have executed during the last 5 years Solar DDG projects under DDUGJY Scheme in any one state.
- Bidders should have supplied and executed the following in any state DISCOM in the last 5 years.
- Bidders should have executed the Min 1.5 MW cumulative On-Grid Solar rooftop system in the Government Building in the last 5 years.
- Bidders should have executed a cumulative 2.5 MW Solar On-Grid system under IPDS (Integrated Power Development Scheme) for strengthening of the Distribution network in the last 5 years.
- Bidders should have executed Min 250 kw under Micro-Grid (DDG) under DDUGJY scheme in last5 years.
- Bidders should have Supplied & Installed cumulative Min 500kw Off-Grid/Hybrid solar system in a Government organization in the last 5 years.
- Bidders should have supplied and installed Min 8,000 Nos. Solar Home Lighting Systems in any Government Organization during the last 5 years.
- Bidders should have done Min 1 MW Rooftop On-grid system as a single order in any Government Organization as end user during the last 3 years .
- Bidders should have supplied and installed Min 450 Nos Solar Irrigation pumps of 3Hp or 5HP and should have expertise as integrator and expertise in both Surface & Submersible pumps in any Government Organization recognized by MNRE.
- Bidders should have supplied and installed Solar Drinking Water systems of Min 400Nos in any Government Organization recognized by MNRE during the last 5 years.
- Bidders should contracts/LOI/Work Order for a minimum of 150 nos. Of 12 Mtr. Solar Dual Piped Drinking Water System under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Bidders should have a valid Central Pollution Control board certificate as importer of New Lead acid Batteries.
- Bidders Should have valid ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 Certifications.
- Bidders have a valid Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) certificate.
Bidders who are interested to participate in the tender may also download the tender document from our Website https://www.braithwaiteindia.com/#
About Braithwaite & Co. Limited:
- Braithwaite was established in 1913 as the Indian Subsidiary of Braithwaite & Co. Engineers Limited (U.K.), for undertaking fabrication of Structural Steel Works. The Clive works in Calcutta commenced manufacture of wagons for Indian Railways from 1934.
- In the meanwhile the Company was incorporated in erstwhile Bengal as Braithwaite & Co (India) Ltd on February 28, 1930. In 1960 Braithwaite’s Angus Works located at Bhadreswar, Dist. Hooghly was set up for manufacture of Cranes, Foundry products, Machinery Components etc.
- The Project Division at Calcutta was established in 1978 to execute turnkey projects for material handling plants. In 1987 Victoria Works was taken over, which is equipped with all facilities for manufacture of Pressure Vessels, Railway Wagons and Heavy Structurals for Bridges and other engineering applications.
- Braithwaite & Co Limited was registered and incorporated on 1st December 1976 as a fully owned Govt. of India Undertaking. The company today has three units – Clive Works, Victoria Works both in Calcutta and Angus Works (in Hooghly District), West Bengal. With effect from 6th August, 2010 the administrative control of the company has been taken over by the Ministry of Railways.
Source: Braithwaite & Co. Limited – Tender | Image credit (representational): Pixabay