Central Railway infrastructure upgrades are being carried out on several sections in order to increase the speed of trains. These infrastructure upgrades include Multi-Tracking, OHE regulation, Signalling and Technical works.
Central Railway has been consistent in its efforts to provide better services to its passengers. Infrastructure upgrades are being carried out on several sections in order to increase the speed of trains.
These infrastructure upgrades include Multi-Tracking (laying of multiple tracks in a section), Overhead Equipment regulation, Signalling works and other Technical works. These works have enabled Central Railway to run trains on these sections at a speed of up to 130 kmph.
Thirty (30) trains (15 Up and 15 Down) will run at the speed of up to 130 kmph on the Wardha-Badnera section of 95.44 km. The details are as under:
- 12811/12812 LTT-Hatia-LTT SF Bi-Weekly Exp
- 22848/22849 LTT-Vishakhapatnam-LTT SF Weekly Exp
- 22865/22866 LTT-Puri-LTT SF Weekly Exp
- 12879/12880 LTT-Bhubaneswar-LTT Bi-Weekly Exp
- 12859/12860 CSMT-Howrah-CSMT Gitanjali Exp Daily
- 12869/12870 CSMT-Howrah-CSMT Weekly SF Exp
- 20821/20822 Pune-Santragachi-Pune Weekly Humsafar Exp
- 22511/22512 LTT-Kamakhya-LTT Karmabhoomi Weekly Exp
- 12261/12262 CSMT- Howrah -CSMT Duronto Four Days A Week
- 12105/12106 Gondia-CSMT-Gondia Vidarbha Exp Daily
- 12289/12290 Nagpur-CSMT-Nagpur Duronto Exp Daily
- 12101/12102 LTT-Shalimar-LTT Jnaneshwari Exp Four Days a Week
- 12145/12146 LTT-Puri-LTT Weekly Exp
- 12809/12810 CSMT-Howrah-CSMT SF Exp Daily
- 12151/12152 LTT- Shalimar-LTT Samarsata Bi-Weekly Express
The speeds of these trains have been increased after ensuring all safety aspects and technical inspections by the concerned officials. This will decrease running time of trains and improve overall punctuality of train movements.
Central Railway presently runs trains at the speed of up to 130 kmph covering a total distance of 1206.73 km i.e. 95.44 km on the Wardha-Badnera section, 526.65 km on the Igatpuri-Nashik-Bhusaval-Akola-Badnera section, 75.59 km on the Pune-Daund section and 509.05 km on the Itarsi-Nagpur-Wardha-Ballarshah section.
Work to improve speeds of trains is in progress on the Daund-Solapur-Kalaburagi-Wadi section covering a distance of 337.44 km and trains are likely to run at up to 130 kmph on this section. Central Railway is committed to provide a safe and pleasant journey to its commuters and has been tirelessly working to ensure the same.
Source: Central Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.