Central Railway’s Freight Loading of 5.76 million tonnes for the month of September-2023, against loading of 5.65 million tonnes for the month of September-2022, with an increase of 1.90 %, is the best loading in any month of September.
- Central Railway has registered a loading of 41.66 MT for the period April-September 2023-24 as against 37.99 MT in April to September-2022, with an increase of 9.70 %, this is also the yearly Originating loading of Central Railway.
- There is a 6.05 % increase in Net Tonne Kilometres (NTKMs) which is 3715 Million in the Month of September-2023 as compared to 3203 Million September-2022.
- Central Railway originating freight revenue of Rs.610 crore in September 2023 as compared to Rs.571 Crores in September-2022.
- Central Railway ran 353 trips of Special coaching trains in September 2023 including Ganpati, Velakanni, and onam Specials.
- Central Railway runs 10 Originating Full Tariff Rate (FTR) special trains.
- Central Railway generated a revenue of Rs. 2.66 crores from Leased Parcel Services, 00113 Mumbai to Sankrail Goods Yard (West Bengal) Yard 8 trips, Bhiwandi/Jalgaon/Nagpur to Azara (Assam) 3 Trips, Godhani/ Kalmeshwar to New Tinsukia (Assam) 2 Trips, Savda to Adarash Nagar Delhi-01 trip and Dehu Road-Barmer (Rajasthan) 01 trip.
Source: Central Railway- Press Release | Image Credit: Central Railway