Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of Platform Screen Doors for Corridor-3 (Madhavaram Depot to Tharamani Metro) and Corridor-5 (Kolathur Junction Metro to Villivakkam MTH Road Metro) of CMRL Phase-II.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/PHASE–II/SYS/ASA11/2023
- Name of Work: Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of Platform Screen Doors for Corridor-3 (Madhavaram Depot to Tharamani Metro) and Corridor-5 (Kolathur Junction Metro to Villivakkam MTH Road Metro) of CMRL Phase-II.
- EMD: INR 2,64,41,000/-
- Duration of Contract: 1465 Days + DNP (730 Days)
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 16th Sep, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 15th Dec, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 16th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 08th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 15th Dec, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 16th Dec, 2023
Scope of Works:
This Specification describes the general requirements for the PSD. Platform Screen Door system (Full height) for Corridor 3 (Madhavaram Depot Metro to Tharamani Metro) & Corridor 5 (Kolathur Junction Metro to Villivakkam MTH Road Metro) of Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2, comprising of design, manufacture, verification, supply, installation, prototype testing and approval, testing, integration, and commissioning by the Contractor including provision of training and Maintenance.
Contractor shall comply to follow the latest standards / functionality that would be published at design stage, Decision of Employer’s Engineer shall be final for PSD system.
Scope of Supply:
The scope of supply shall cover the requirements of Full Height Platform Screen Doors system completely. PSDs will be provided for 3 car trains. As part of this work the approximate length of PSD per platform will be 70 m. 12 sets of bi-parting sliding doors equipped with drive and electric motor are envisaged per platform apart from EEDs, fixed (drive) panels, and MSDs.
- The Contractor shall supply all equipment and facilities necessary to meet the requirements of this PS, including, but not limited:
- PSD Façade equipments
- Complete mechanical, electrical and electronics equipments
- The Manual Control panel integrated into the Façade.
- Equipment in the equipment room for the control circuitry of PSD. Concrete or metallic base fixture, pedestal, anchor fasteners, support for indoor and Platform equipment.
- All cables including optical fibre cables, cable terminations and cabling support, protection pipes, accessories necessary for the work except those specifically excluded from scope of supply.
- All workstations, servers and other equipment for SCR and also to supply, install and commission the maintenance and diagnostic softwares in the already provided computer at OCC and BOCC for the maintenance and diagnostics system of PSD.
- All spur cable containments, cable trays under False flooring inside the equipment rooms and Control rooms, track crossing pipes, concealed conduits etc. shall be provided except the main cable trays. Enclosures and supporting brackets for housing and fixing equipment.
- All equipment associated with any interfaces required to ensure operation within the performance requirements.
- All equipment necessary to allow the installation, testing, and introduction of the various stages of the project without disruption to already commissioned stages. Fulfilment of temporary arrangements for safety as stipulated by relevant authorities during commissioning of various stages.
- All special test equipment and special tools. Keys, Maintenance tools and utilities. Spare parts including those for the Testing and commissioning period, Defect Liability Period (DLP) and warranty period. All software & hardware, appropriately safety validated, verified, and certified to meet the requirements of the Specification.
- All software and hardware required for data logging and fault diagnostics and rectification. Licence of Software, if not otherwise mentioned in these specifications. Power Supply Distribution equipment, Circuit-Breakers, Earth Leakage Detectors, and Isolators for the AC and DC for the PSD system and other equipment supplied as a part of this package.
- Supply of Training documentation, System manuals, CBTS and video tutorials. All equipment necessary to carry out and on-site testing and commissioning including stage wise commissioning.
- All softwares required for project execution namely Requirement capturing software (DOORS), FRACAS, etc. Prototype preparation, testing, and approval of the PSD system. Integrated Testing Platform (PSD part), Hardware testing platform as applicable. Training tools and equipment.
- Operation Modes and Principles Document (OMPD)- PSD system inputs. Demonstration of contract compliance and traceability against all contractual technical and functional requirements using a formal requirements management and traceability tool.
- For tools that are compatible with IBM Rational DOORS latest version, electronic copies of the database shall be submitted to the Employer’s Engineer each month, starting from the beginning of the System Design phase until the end of the project for the Employers Engineers information.
- For tools that are not compatible with IBM Rational DOORS an alternative export mechanism shall be proposed for the monthly submission for the acceptance of the Employer’s Engineer.
- Any other apparatus needed to provide a complete Platform Screen Door system. The Services to be performed by the Contractor shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Design, manufacture, supply, system assurance, prototype preparation and testing, installation, testing and commissioning of the Platform Screen Door System.
- Presentations, reviews and audit support as specified in the Specification. Assist and provide all information, documents, clarifications required by Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) appointed by the Employer.
- Interface management as specified in the Particular Specification and the General Specification and achieve efficient and safe UTO (GOA 4) Train Operation. Coordination with Civil contractors mainly for the top, bottom and the side Interfaces for the PSD to ensure that all the gaps of the Platform edge are closed.
- Interfacing with Rolling stock mainly includes obtaining the door pitches and ensuring same pitch across all three rolling stocks. MEP interface mainly for the power supply, earthing and cable containment. System operations and maintenance support services. Training for Employer’s Training Instructors, operations staff, maintenance staff and engineering staff.
- Preparation of Operation, Maintenance and Training Manuals including CBTS. OMPD Manual for Operations and Maintenance Staff, Train movement specifications.
- Decommissioning, removal and/or disposal of Temporary Works, if any. Design, prototype, manufacture, delivery, installation and identification of foundations/fixtures for indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Defect Liability Period services Hardware Warranty Period services. Providing necessary support and documents (viz SIL certification documents, Safety case, Type test result etc.) required including compliance for getting safety worthiness of the PSD Systems certified from Indian authorities viz. Independent Safety Assessor (ISA), Railway Board, RDSO and Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS).
- Assistance to Maintenance. Designing and implementing the cyber security measures required for the PSD system including its data interfaces with other systems. Any other service needed to provide a complete PSD System.
- The Contractor shall note that there will be phased commissioning of the CMRL Phase 2. All the works related to phased commissioning and changes required for interface and final commissioning shall also form part of the work.
- The Contractor shall provide the life cycle cost plan in accordance with IEC 60300-3-3 with an aim to optimise the overall life cycle cost whilst meeting the safety, quality and reliability requirements of the PS. The documentation to be supplied by the Contractor under the Contract shall be in accordance with the GS & PS.
Minimum average annual turnover of INR 132.2 crores calculated as total certified payments for Contracts in received progress and/or completed, within the last Five (5) years divided by Five (5) years.
The financial year as applicable in the country of origin of the bidders would be considered. The “last financial year‟ will be the latest financial year that ended before the date of issue of NIT for this tender.
General Experience under Engineering contracts in the role of prime contractor (Single entity or JV member), Sub-Contractor, or Management Contractor(i) for the last Seven (7) years prior to the last date of Bid submission.
Experience in Platform Screen Doors contracts in the role of Single entity without any specialist subcontractor OR as a Specialist Sub-Contractor (iv) OR as a Member of the JV/Consortium (iv) without Specialist Sub -contractor and must have substantially (iii) completed between 1 st January 2013 and the bid submission deadline:
- A minimum number of:
- One work involving Construction of Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; of Value INR. 212 crores (ii) or above, or
- Two works involving Construction of Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; each of Value INR 132 crores (ii) or above, or
- Three works involving Construction of Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; each of Value INR 106 crores (ii) or above.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Chennai Metro